Crunchatize me Capn'

DiNotte 200L AA version power lumen settings

Does anyone know the approximate Lumen output of the 200L when at the 50% and 25% power settings? Right now I'm looking for a new light for riding and with my limited budget, and the fact that all three of my options are very similarly priced, I've narrowed down my selection to the MiNewt X.2, L&M Stella 180N, and DiNotte 200L.

The difference between the MiNewt X.2 and the L&M Stella at low power (non flashing) is pretty considerable with one the L&M at 120 and the Niterider at 95(92?). Right now I would get the L&M if only because I haven't seen many quality control issues noted compared with Niterider. However, having seen all the 200L users I wonder what that mid power setting is like compared to the others low power setting.

Right now I'm using a NiteHawk Emittor (1st generation with an orginal 1W Luxeon emittor). Obviously any of these are much better even with the Emittor on high but the light generated has been seen well by drivers and lets me see large obstacles and has been barely adequate, though not much else. A $50 light compared to $150 light I know isn't going to be a comparison. What I like about the 200L is the ability to continue using all my AA rechargeables I already have for the Emittor. As I'm currently used to about, oh 35ish (I believe) Lumens, I doubt I would ever use the lights on high (keep in mind this is for rails-to-trails and road riding) especially as I can do 3-4 hr rides easily although actual time while out can be longer.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Good job! 200l

hello,

i am a dinotte 200L owner, so far very happy and satisfied with perfomance reliability,

size wieght output, e.c.t,

my system is, 2 x 200Ls 1 x 4 cell battery, 2 x 2 cell batterys.

lumens power settings mid, i am only guesting,

high 200 lumens,

mid 100 - 140 lumens,

low 40 - 80 lumens,

mid power is still pretty good, not a lot less than high,

going down a step winding twisty road or country lane, unlite, going 10 - 20mph,

mid still lights up the way in front just enough to be able to things bushes trees the road
    somethink in the middle of the road, out to about 30 - 40 feet,

two on mid is great lights up the woods you getaway with two spots on mid

road and off road,

if you go dinotte 200L, i think you should personaly, in my opinion, i recommend,

they are great little lights, when i say little they are,

try save up buy another,

hope this helps you choice,

Crunchatize me Capn'
    It does. Thankyou. Very nice to know that mid power level is still effective.

BBW
    mtbr member
    mid power is good, low is just good for climbing. Sometimes the type of surface or too many trees reflect too much light and I dim the lights and still go full speed

Crunchatize me Capn'
    If anybody wanted to know I got a response back from Dinotte concerning the power levels and their associated lumen output.

Output is approx 33 67 and 100 percent

Calculating this out I figure the lumes are as follows 200 (obvious I know), 134 at 67%, and 66 at 33%.

I hope this helps some people out in the future.