mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Digital multimeter recommendations ?

On the market to purchase my first multi-meter...don't know very much about them...looking for accuracy and built in thermometer... Which one's do you guys recommend ? Thank you ....

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Post your budget.

I own Fluke and Tektronix DMMs. They are excellent tools but likely more $ than you want to spend.

Dirt Deviant
    I don't have any personal experience with this meter, but it looks pretty cool. On backorder though.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/5-in-1-...ter-98674.html

I have a couple of the super cheap Centech meters.
    Got em while on sale for like $2.99!!!!!!
    They actually work really good. I have checked mine over using my buddies fluke, and they are pretty accurate.

I believe this is the one I have....
    http://www.harborfreight.com/7-funct...ter-98025.html
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    I picked up a cheap Walmart digital mmeter some months ago. The brand name is Etek FWIW. I had it less than a week before the plugs on the testing leads fell apart. That was no big problem for me though. I just went out to Radio shack and bought a decent set of leads and I was back in business. No problems since. Sure beats my old Analog MM. It has all the usual MM settings plus a diode checker, battery checker, built in flashlight and yes it came with a temperature probe. The MM cost me about $12 I believe. The better leads about $5. I figured even if it turned out to be a POS it was worth the try.