mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Cygolite Z Force HiD Problem

Can anyone out there help me, I have a cygolite 6 V NiMH bottle battery (Nitro 100) that I want to re-pack to make it a 12V NiMH to run a Z force HiD. Is this possible? Has anyone done this before?

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twiddlesticks
    Can anyone out there help me, I have a cygolite 6 V NiMH bottle battery (Nitro 100) that I want to re-pack to make it a 12V NiMH to run a Z force HiD. Is this possible? Has anyone done this before?

Cheers.
    I've never done it, but it should be possible if there's room inside. You'll need some solder tab 'C' size batteries- wired in series, not parallel. You should probably replace them all, not just add another 5. (Check Froogle, there are many suppliers), and possibly a new circuit breaker (don't make a battery pack without one, those batteries may be small but they pack a serious charge, and the last thing you need is a flaming battery pack between your legs if you get a short- because "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire," is only a comforting thought when they aren't your chestnuts). You'll also need a 12V charger.
    To the troll mobile, away...