person

Cygolite Dual Cross 200 / HiFlux 200 Review

This is just preliminary, I haven't had the chance to take these out on the trail yet but I rode around the darkest streest I could find to get an idea of the brightness. I snapped one before I went back inside.

sorry for the poor quality, Shot doesn't really do the lights justice but they were lighting up my whole backyard.

DSC00754.JPG

This one really give you an idea of how bright these really are

DSC00759.JPG

The Dual Cross was really easy to setup, and the whole package is pretty light.

DSC00761.JPG
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

person
    The HiFlux 200 is was a bit more complicated to setup because I'm using it as a helmet light.

The light is nearly as bright as the Dual Cross

DSC00762.JPG

Here is where it gets more complicated, the battery comes permanently attached to a remote switch and the input to the light, but when you order the helmet mount you also get another remote swtich and a cable extension to the light. You just have to make sure you turn on both switches.

DSC00768.JPG

You also have to find places to mount both remote switches. The directions suggest mounting the switch (the one closer to the light) on the helmet, which I did. I mounted the other one (which is closer to the battery) on my bag.

Heres the remote switch on the helmet

DSC00763.JPG

Here's the remote switch on the bag

DSC00767.JPG

The helmet kit came with additional velcro srtips which I used along w/ a loose zip tie to guide the cable down the back of my helmet.

DSC00766.JPG

The combination of the 2 was amazing. I'm coming from a Sigma Sport Evo so these are definetly an improvement. They both have high and low settings. The Dual cross actually has 4 power levels (High, Medium/High, Medium/Low, and Low) as well as 4 different special modes (Fast Flash, Slow Flash, Walking, and S.O.S.) I can't comment on the run times because I haven't riden on them long enough but I will after I ride with them more.

The advertised run times are: Dual Cross 200, 4hrs High power 9hrs Low p;ower.
    HiFlux 200, 6 hrs High power 50 Hrs Low power

The Dual Cross 200 is about $140 and the only difference between it and the dual corss 300 is the charger
    The HiFlux 200 is about $100 and the helmet upgrade kit is around $15. It also comes with a bar mount and i'll post pictures of it mounted on the bars at a later date.

Im exited to get these on the trail, I've been sick of having all my rides cut short by the quick sunsets, but not anymore

-Dave

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

Spanish biker
    Hi, pretty lights, I have a cygolite nitro 100 with 15w halogen are very good light.

The first photo, you need a tripod and put it the camera in manual exposition at 1-2 sec to do it well

Thanks for the review

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr
    Warning!!! my english is very very bad, sorry.

Easy DIY led light1
    Easy DIY led light2

The Beast!!!

person
    Yea I figured I needed a tripod, but thats the best I could manage w/o one. I'm definetly no camera wiz heh

Thanks for the reply -Dave

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Nice i have the dual cross 300 and i love it. Im thinking about adding a LED helmet mout light too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for posting this !

I have a couple questions:

You say your old light was the sigma evo. Was that the older version (5w + 20w SLA bat) or the newer 'high power' 10w + 5w with Nimh, or the 10w alone?

And when you say these new lights are an improvement over the sigma, are you talking individually or combined? Funnily enough, I was reading the mtbr reviews for the dual cross just a couple hours ago. Previously I thought the new Sigma evo 10w (20w equivalent) would make a good replacement for my old cateye, but if the dual cross is brighter than the Sigma, then that may be a better choice.

old man riding!
    pulser what kind of riding are you doing? I am really interested in the Dual cross 300 but I'm not sure it's going to be bright enough..thanks

Spanish biker
    Quote Originally Posted by onyourbike
    Thanks for posting this !

I have a couple questions:

You say your old light was the sigma evo. Was that the older version (5w + 20w SLA bat) or the newer 'high power' 10w + 5w with Nimh, or the 10w alone?

And when you say these new lights are an improvement over the sigma, are you talking individually or combined? Funnily enough, I was reading the mtbr reviews for the dual cross just a couple hours ago. Previously I thought the new Sigma evo 10w (20w equivalent) would make a good replacement for my old cateye, but if the dual cross is brighter than the Sigma, then that may be a better choice.

The sigma light, have a problem, the refector it isn't very good gives a very dispersed light. If you lives in USA, you don't buy the sigma, better you buy a cygolite, nitehawk, light & motion, etc, etc...

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr
    Last edited by msxtr; 01-01-2007 at 11:53 PM.
    Warning!!! my english is very very bad, sorry.

Easy DIY led light1
    Easy DIY led light2

The Beast!!!

person
    The Sigma system I have is the 5w + 10w but i don't have the nimh battery, I have the lead acid battery, which has very short run times. It has decent brightness, and would be good for commuting which is what i used it for mostly, but the Dual cross is just a much better system. Better run times, better brightness, even a wider spread. It keeps this wider spread while still lighting more than the Sigma. I'd say go w/ the Dual cross if your on the fence about the two.

-Dave

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIKERDAD36
    pulser what kind of riding are you doing? I am really interested in the Dual cross 300 but I'm not sure it's going to be bright enough..thanks

Mostly Xc stuff in the front range. Its a mix of hard pack and tecnical rock sections.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    G-VegasMTBiker Thanks for fowarding your review onto my thread...I'll see how I like the light when it arrives.

person
    no problem, I hope it helped.

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch