Thread: Cygo Hiflux 100

old man riding!

Cygo Hiflux 100

I just purchased a new light the cygo hiflux 100 and I was kind of skeptical if it would be what I was looking for but after a night ride last night I was impressed with this light.I used it in combination with a NR head trip and I had more than enough light and we did'nt ride a little bike path either,we were deep in the GW national forest bombing some awsome down hill,rock filled single track.. I have had to call cygo to get a replacement buckle that was broke in shipping and the cutomer service has been great also.The reason for my skepticism was that this light runs on "C" size batteries which in my opinion turned out to be great because how much room does some c size batteries take up in your pack. Overall this light is not going to out shine a HID or even some of the more powerful LED's but it serves it's purpose at least for me..

mtbr member
    Thanks for the information. I've been wondering about the Hiflux. What's battery life like?
    To the troll mobile, away...

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    A set of good alkaline batteries should last over 20 hours on high, probably last 3 or 4 days on low. I run one as a backup for my HID. Its been left on the bike in an unheated shed all winter and it still works. The C cells don't self-discharge much and the current draw of the light is so low it doesn't seem affected cold. No charger to worry about or expensive battery to replace.

The beams bright enough but too narrow for tight singletrack, even with the widebeam adapter. Probably better as a helmet light, and it works decent on the road. Looks real easy to change the emitter, there's 2 screws holding the star to an aluminum plate. Not sure about the optics though, or the regulator.

old man riding!
    I went and got another one of these for a helmet light and I think I'll be set for night racing!