mtbr member

Comments on BLT lights

I looked at the product review section, but most of the reviews seem to be a couple of years old. Does anyone have an more recent experience with BLT lights? I am interested in their Radium 25 system.

New users - 1st post.
    LOTS OF GREAT INFO HERE!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have the radium 25 and I guess they are alright for the ~$100 pricetag.
    It comes with one 10W and one 15W light, 2 handlebar mounts and a helmet mount.
    I tried the lights on the handle bar but when you turn both lights on the output is kind of iffy since the lights are different wattages and have different outputs. I have been using the 15W light on the helmet the last couple rides and I find it works better than the handlebar setup but it would still be nice to have a handle bar light to compliment the helmet mount, which you can't unfortunately do with this system because of the one battery.
    It definately is not the best light system out there, but if you aren't doing any serious racing it isn't that bad of a setup especially for the price.

29er wannabe

BLT lights

Welcome to the forums dusty.
    The BLT's are a OK lights for the money, but make sure the light beam pattern is what you need for your trails.
    There is a light shootout /comparo here on MTBR.(1 or 2 yrs. ago) showing various lights beaming down a trial. (just do a search to find it)
    The BLT light didn't fair to well as the pictures show.

Spend the extra money and splurge for the Jet lights.