mtbr member

Cheap price on Betty from asutsitrail.com

They have a remarkably low price on the Lupine Betty ($647); much better than I have seen anywhere, including Geoman:

http://www.asutsitrail.com/servlet/the-284/Lupine-Betty-Lamphead-$647.00/Detail

I haven't bought anything from them and know nothing about their service.

Tim

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Seems to be just the head, i.e. no battery or charger.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by [jsl]
    Seems to be just the head, i.e. no battery or charger.
    ditto... the original battery and charger are still quite a chunk of change...

but I suppose one could always rig something up.... but not sure if it's worth it....given the price of the head already...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No way I'd buy that lighthead and then pair it with some cheap charger and battery and risk burning it up and not have warranty in case something happens. That's like buying a Porshe 911 without the engine and rigging a Chevy V8 motor in there and hoping it works and doesn't ruin anything along the way.

By the way, you can get the lightead-only for that or less- from practically any Lupine dealer or Gretnabikes, I'm sure.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I missed the point that it was for the head only.

Tim

GeoMan
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    The site said to e-mail for the sale price on the Betties. This was the response I got:
    Quote Originally Posted by asutsitrail.com
    We are currently out of the Betty 6. We are expecting some more units, but just a few and we hope in a couple weeks or so. However, we do not have a date. Lupine said it would be possible they could ship some more units to the states for us , but not for sure.
    If you wanted to pre order one, I could hold one for you. I usually sell out the day they come in and usually they are pre ordered. They are super popular and so very bright.

If you wanted to pre order one, I could do free shipping in the states or Canada and give you 10% off the retail price of $995.00

Also, we do have the Wilma 4 and Wilma 6 models in stock. 1 Wilma 4 left and I believe 2 Wilma 6's.

If you would be interested in this, please let me know and I can ship this out first thing Monday morning.
    So this works out at $895 with free shipping, still more expensive than Geoman's price.

Tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    The site said to e-mail for the sale price on the Betties. This was the response I got:

So this works out at $895 with free shipping, still more expensive than Geoman's price.

Tim
    That seems to be the typical discount from the dealers that offer a discount on the Lupines. Geoman seems to want to get an early jump on the new dealers coming on board by undercutting them a bit.