mtbr member
    May 2007

Cateye Enduro 8 mount issue

I accidentally adjusted it to small and now I cant mount it to the handlebars. Is there a way to make the "zip tie" function bigger again and if so how?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I re-use my zipties all the time.
    If you have a small screwdriver -like out of a watchmakers set -you can slide it between the locking tab and the serrated suface.Keep pressure on the driver and slide the serrated bit out.
    You have to pull the ziptie a little tighter so you can slip the screwdriver in easier.

Cheers
    Dom

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    If they haven't changed the design of the Enduro (mine is about 4 years old), there is a little tab you push that allows you to make it bigger again.

Bebe's Dad

enduro

sorry to tag along onto this post...I'll start another if necessary.
    I'm looking to purchase this computer. Anyone care to share their opion?
    THANKS!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    It's a simple, yet very durable computer. It has all of the basic functions and is easy to read. Very easy to install. It installs on your handlebars. They also have a stem mount that is sold separately. I would recommend it. I may go with the Garmin 305 this year for the added functionality.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    If the mount is the same as mine, you need to use your fingernail or a flathead screwdriver to lift up on the little tab that locks the adjustment while pulling out on the adjustable strap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado S14
    If the mount is the same as mine, you need to use your fingernail or a flathead screwdriver to lift up on the little tab that locks the adjustment while pulling out on the adjustable strap.
    How long are your fingernails?

livin' the dream......
    I used a toothpic on a ziptie and was able to loosen it up for reuse. Enduro 8 is good, I have had one for about 5 years w/ no issues. Good luck.

livin' the dream......
    Need to correct my last post. I've had the Enduro 2 for a few years on my old bike, just put the 8 on my new bike last week.