mtbr member

Can I use these together?

Hi all
    I've got a mate who's just starting riding and he's keen to get out for a night ride so was looking to build him a cheap light with some bits I've got left over.
    I've got:
    2 x MC-E (individually addressable)
    1 x XP-G
    maxflex

Is there any way of combining the 3 LED's with the maxflex so I can use up my last ALtair housing?
    Cheers
    Steve

mtbr member
    May 2005
    This is what comes to mind. Wire the each MCE in a 2S2P arrangement and then add the XPG in series in the middle. This is the equivalent of 5 LEDs in series. Run the Maxflex at 1200mA off a 4S battery. Each MCE will run at 600mA and the XPG will run at 1200mA.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    This is what comes to mind. Wire the each MCE in a 2S2P arrangement and then add the XPG in series in the middle. This is the equivalent of 5 LEDs in series. Run the Maxflex at 1200mA off a 4S battery. Each MCE will run at 600mA and the XPG will run at 1200mA.
    Sounds perfect VB. Don't suppose you could doodle a quick wiring diagram as I'm rubbish ?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by deesta View Post
    Sounds perfect VB. Don't suppose you could doodle a quick wiring diagram as I'm rubbish ?
    Don't laugh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can I use these together?-mce-xpg.jpg  

Can I use these together?-mce-xpg1.jpg  

Last edited by Vancbiker; 01-29-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: picture didn't show at first

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Don't laugh.
    I was laughing before I saw the picture as you told me not to...
    Thanks mate, that's kind of what I imagined it to be...

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Glad you can see it, it's not showing on my screen. Really, I did make it though kindergarden coloring claas though you never would know it.