mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Calling all TR 801 & A10B owners

After seeing Trouties Regina photos, I'm thinking of buy one or two of these torches with a plan to hotrod with an XPG & Regina reflector. Can't work out from DX's pix how the heads of these come apart, whether the LED board is interchangeable, nor how big the respective existing components are. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My A10B's leant out currently but if you don't get an answer for the weekend I'll swap it out for another and take a look inside for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks Dylan, no rush. This was an 'idle curiosity' sort of idea, I'll probably get one of each anyway as the R2 is likely good enough for a nice helmet light. If the LED board is glued on as in most cheapie torches and the reflector is of a similar size, it might just work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My 801 wasn't bright at all likely a Cree P4 though, A10B is better but didn't have the range / power but it all depends on what your used to.

a 340Lumen A10B with good focusing, sounds good to me to.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The TR-801 is easy to mod. A friend of mine has put an MC-E in one of his.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    a 340Lumen A10B with good focusing, sounds good to me to.
    Exactly my thoughts - a quality reflector, up to date LED in a small package. I'm a little surprised DX haven't prompted their suppliers to make one. Nice though the XP-G Seraph copies are, they look a tad too big to clip into a Joystick helmet mount.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Have you got a link for that Seraph copy ??

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by Turveyd
    Have you got a link for that Seraph copy ??
    http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.xpg

There are 3 of them on that page. I got the Skyray version (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32749) and it is really quite good for the price. Plus with the P60 style dropin it uses you've got a lot of options to mod it with MC-E, SST-50, P7, etc, but the XPG it comes with is no slouch.