mtbr member

New question here. Calling all Aussies...

Hi guys,
    I've got a mate who is looking to distribute my lights in Oz for me, which is great. The problem I have is batteries...is there anywhere over there that could supply a couple of 14.8v Li-Ion battery packs and chargers? I know there is the DX/turboferret option but I'd like to be able to find some proper battery/chargers.
    Any help will be great..
    Cheers,
    Steve

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There is always the packs and chargers used by the RC plane and car/truck crowd. They should work fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Not that I am aware of, anything available over here is at a real premium price.
    However if you do find one please share
    I would say the way the Aussie dollar is right now, a bulk purchase of chargers and batteries from the likes of batteryspace or similar might be the way to go if you want pre assembled packs. This assumes they send internationally at a reasonable price...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Check cheapbatterypacks.com. I used them for great RC car packs for the last six years!
    Ready packs, custom,single cells, any connector you think of. Good site.
    I have at least 10 of their batts. ranging from 7.4v 800 mAh heli packs to 14.8v 5000 mAh Monster truck stuff. Try them.
    Marek
    P.S. This time around I am fixed on my night riding. Got a NiteFlux Enduro 8 and MagicShine. I know , I am crazy, But I want mooooore ''juice'' from the light. It is the same like more speed from my RC cars.
    Cheers, Marek

A waste of time it is is
    Hi deesta, there are a couple of links in this thread Batteries /chargers in OZ

also try hobbyking. They are not in Oz but lots of my mates have bought quality batteries and chargers from there at reasonable prices and there has been no issues with shipping

Good luck

mtbr member
    Not sure how serious this is but Ktronik mentioned it...
    http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1467...0~MO19,00.html

All lithium batteries are now classified as dangerous goods and cannot be carried in the mail by air.

Consequently, Australia Post can only accept lithium batteries or devices containing lithium batteries for transport within Australia by road.

mtbr member
    So far you can't send out of OZ, but can get in...& fine to move around OZ via road freight, its all lithium batterys, no matter the type, even LiFe batt's which are safe for flying...last time I sent a package OS, I was asked if it had lithium batterys inside, I asked why, they said that 'they explode if they touch water'

K

Members who have read this thread: 0