nocturnal oblivion

Busted Dinotte Connector...need help

Possible it got yanked by the cord one too many times, but one of my 2 cell batteries has a really finicky plug now.
    Where can I find female Dinotte-type plugs??? And how tough would it be to do?

PS: The 2C is going on 4 or 5 years now...second plan is to give it a proper burial (disposal).

Thank you illuminated ones.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    You can buy extension cables direct from dinotte $14 - http://store.dinottelighting.com/spa...-only-p52.aspx Cut the end off you need, strip/solder/heatshrink and you're back in business

But those cables look an awful lot like Magicshine plugs - if they are compatible, the Magicshine cables are much cheaper - Action-LED-Lights — 1m Extension Cable But someone else would have to chime in on if they would work.

nocturnal oblivion
    Wouldn't have thought of that, I have a dinotte extension laying around. Any idea what solder/flux would be appropriate, or would any solder work?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just send it to dinotte. He'll surely fix it.

nocturnal oblivion
    Nevermind. I popped open the case and directly beneath the cable on the circuit board a small spot has corrosion.
    It's still just the connector that's bad, but now I see the whole thing is on it's way out. Time to plasti-dip the rest!