mtbr member

Best light system for 24hr racing?

Please help me out here. I need some expert advice on which type/style lighting system to go with for 24hr solo racing.

I am currently looking at the Niterider Minewt dual for the weight savings but the burn time isn't long enough. I could get extra batteries though. I am also comparing the Niterider HID firestorm.

Do any of you have any advice on these models or something else from Niterider?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike

Grizzly
    I am a big fan of the Switchback series from Princeton Tec. Lots of burn time, light weight, and super bright.

www.switchback321.com
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    One Lupine Wilma 6, using the different settings will get you through a whole 24hrs.
    Read this review,
    http://www.sleepmonsters.co.uk/gear.php?article_id=212

mtbr member
    Have a look at the new Ay Ups as well. Ignore the techy web site. Look at the Endurance Kit which gives you 24 hours of battery life and 2 sets of lights. http://www.ayup.com.au/

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Plenty of good brands out there. I highly suggest making your purchased based on where the technology is heading......LED. Look at Cateye and Princeton Tec. Both are leading the way in this department.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm in the market too and though I have some time to wait till this fall, the Dinotte's look like the best way to go. Ayups are Luxeon 3's. Dinotte's 200l and up are probably cree's or better. And they seem to be upgradeable which to me is huge w/ rapidly growing technology like LED's. From what I've read, users of their product rave about customer service. Maybe someone knows of even a better product?

MB

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323
    I'm in the market too and though I have some time to wait till this fall, the Dinotte's look like the best way to go. Ayups are Luxeon 3's. Dinotte's 200l and up are probably cree's or better. And they seem to be upgradeable which to me is huge w/ rapidly growing technology like LED's. From what I've read, users of their product rave about customer service. Maybe someone knows of even a better product?

MB

I do

mtbr member
    Ay Ups will be able to be upgraded and they will also be available later in the year with the new high power leds.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    well another alternative I may get scorned for but I use a Shimano light dynamo hub on my front wheel its about 6 watts but I usually over generate to fill the 9 watt bulb... you may laugh but when the others batteries run out Im the only one moving... I also like the fact that it has a disc brake I off-roaded with it in the winter never failed even produced enough heat to keep my hands warm... it never really slowed me down since there are bears and stuff in the area I don't want to surprise them. hope this helps some oh btw whole setup was about 230 with brakes and all