more beers, lees gears.

BatterySpace.com HID light systems

Has anyone purchased light systems from batteryspace.com?

They are listing a 10w, 11.1v HID light system for $200. A great deal, just not sure of the "Powerizer-TrailTech" brand. Im sure its not much different than most other big brands, just not as pretty.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...&Category=1012

any thoughts.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

Utility Cyclist
    Jun 2007
    I think they mostly sell products from China which, if the example of things like vehicles is any guide, means a lot of variability in the engineering and the quality. "Nice concept, pity about the reality" kind of thing.

mtbr member
    I am using Trailtech lamps, which are the same as topeak ( i think it is the moonshine). Using Welsh allyn (Spelling?) lamps. Been running them 2 yrs - the lights are good.
    The LI ions - I have a few of theirs - sony 18650 cells - japanese. Good cells.

more beers, lees gears.
    so heatstroke, no issues with theirs.

I find plenty of problems with name brand stuff and quality, because in all reality, they are still made in china.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Since I'm not an expert at this, how do you get 30w out of a 10w Welsh Allyn bulb.
    I thought I read where all Welsh Allyn bulbs start out at 10w. I could have read wrong.

Thanks, just curious.

MB

banned
    I have this one.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2942

It is a monster.

The mount sucked. I made a new one.

mtbr member
    There were some initial problems with the trailtech switch triggering the PCB on the battery. But the latest version of the switch solves that. Users of NIMH version did not have the same prob as the batt does not have a PCB.

Lamp and ballast are US I believe unless WA outsources their products.

I am happy.

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323
    Since I'm not an expert at this, how do you get 30w out of a 10w Welsh Allyn bulb.
    I thought I read where all Welsh Allyn bulbs start out at 10w. I could have read wrong.

Thanks, just curious.

MB
    The 30 watt is an MR16 bulb as compared to an MR11 bulb for the 10 watt version. The 30W is a much bigger animal .

All of the MR11 Welch Allyns do start out at 10W. They have a working range defined on their spec sheet. Some light companies spec the wattage of the light including the loss in the ballast which is relevent for battery loading, but a bit misleading for light output. It all comes out in the wash .

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING