mtbr member

Battery pack for camera?

Okay- so I know you all are the light gurus and I have sampled the knowledge here in the past. But I am only a monkey- given enough bananas or a real nice how-to- can perform any task.

So my next project. I have a Nikon L110 camera that works really well for me. Durable, cheap, and compact with good web-quality images for the work that I do- perfect! Except for the battery life. It holds 4 AA that I am using Ni-Mh batts with. Of course on the tour bus or traveling by air, the charger, cord and 12 batteries take up space and time. PITA.

The camera does have a DC 5v port for an optional wall adapter.
    > I was wondering if I could build a battery pack that could be kept in a backpack and continually plugged into the camera while in use?

>I figure I can buy and use AA up to 2000mAh in the camera and have seen the 4.7 v battery packs at about the same amperage and wonder if they would last longer?

> Would I have to build a circuit to choke down a higher voltage pack for longer continual use?

Any help would be awesome!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Coolpix L110 will help you capture those special moments with the quality and clarity they deserve.
    The power-efficient Coolpix L110 can shoot approximately 750 still images or record 7 hours of HD movie footage using the supplied AA-size lithium batteries
    Have you tested the batteries you are using?.....
    if your travelling get a fistful of lithium AA batteries ,
    for general use invest in some good quality rechargeable, Sony 2900 or ansmann 2900
    oh and a good AA charger/analyser like..Maha MH-C9000 Wizard One
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C9000-Wizard-One-Charger-Analyzer
    ...Scun.thorpe, UK

mtbr member
    Right- but I am looking for continuous-as in no breaks for two hours of either video or photos- and at night under arena/stadium style lighting and of course to top it off- action at varying distance at a speed of 27 mph. This keeps the camera really busy which of course sucks em down quick. I guess I could make a speed loader for the batteries like they have for revolver pistols!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"