mtbr member

Battery pack for camera?

Okay- so I know you all are the light gurus and I have sampled the knowledge here in the past. But I am only a monkey- given enough bananas or a real nice how-to- can perform any task.

So my next project. I have a Nikon L110 camera that works really well for me. Durable, cheap, and compact with good web-quality images for the work that I do- perfect! Except for the battery life. It holds 4 AA that I am using Ni-Mh batts with. Of course on the tour bus or traveling by air, the charger, cord and 12 batteries take up space and time. PITA.

The camera does have a DC 5v port for an optional wall adapter.
    > I was wondering if I could build a battery pack that could be kept in a backpack and continually plugged into the camera while in use?

>I figure I can buy and use AA up to 2000mAh in the camera and have seen the 4.7 v battery packs at about the same amperage and wonder if they would last longer?

> Would I have to build a circuit to choke down a higher voltage pack for longer continual use?

Any help would be awesome!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Coolpix L110 will help you capture those special moments with the quality and clarity they deserve.
    The power-efficient Coolpix L110 can shoot approximately 750 still images or record 7 hours of HD movie footage using the supplied AA-size lithium batteries
    Have you tested the batteries you are using?.....
    if your travelling get a fistful of lithium AA batteries ,
    for general use invest in some good quality rechargeable, Sony 2900 or ansmann 2900
    oh and a good AA charger/analyser like..Maha MH-C9000 Wizard One
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Maha-Powerex-MH-C9000-Wizard-One-Charger-Analyzer
    ...Scun.thorpe, UK

mtbr member
    Right- but I am looking for continuous-as in no breaks for two hours of either video or photos- and at night under arena/stadium style lighting and of course to top it off- action at varying distance at a speed of 27 mph. This keeps the camera really busy which of course sucks em down quick. I guess I could make a speed loader for the batteries like they have for revolver pistols!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

8.4 volt or 5volt through USB port

I would think the Trustfire TR E01 battery pack would be perfect, very small, comes with a 5v usb connection, and if loaded with 4 x 18650 batteries (comes with 4 x 1000mah batteries) you can have over 12000mah.

You can get them on Fasttech along with very good batteries they cost about 15.

I have one and have ordered another 2
    Last edited by gillas; 09-06-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Typo

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    What kind of amp input is required on the camera? A lot of USB style battery packs only put out 500ma which would seem a little low to me.

Anker makes some battery packs designed to charge USB devices with a claimed 2amp output. So there may be options, but definitely look at what amperage your camera needs at 5v.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    1999 Trek STP200 (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    The Trustfire TR E01 battery pack is 5V @ 1Amp (or so it states)

mtbr member
    If I can make out the writing in the picture, looks like the AC adapter says 5V, 2A. Looks like it has a proprietary connector. You might have to cut off the end and attach it to a USB cable.

EH-67 AC Adapter from Nikon

a 5V 2A power bank would work but I have not idea what kind of protection circuits those have in them. You could buy protected batteries if they will fit in the case. A good place for batteries is mtnelectronics.com.

mtbr member

Battery pack for camera?

Saw this in today's Fry's ad. Might work for you. $49. 13000 mAh

http://www.frys.com/product/7726978?...n1+date:091214