Thread: Battery dying

mtbr member

Battery dying

Need a source and type of batteries to buy. My Nighthawk 6v ni-cad battery is dying. There is a place in town called battery Supply which supplies all sorts of batteries for many applications. Good chance to find a replacement there? Best bet to take it in and match up? Any ideas on cost? Gotta be cheaper than a replacement battery from a bike shop.
    Hang on, Newt. She's heading for the rhubarb.

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight
    Need a source and type of batteries to buy. My Nighthawk 6v ni-cad battery is dying. There is a place in town called battery Supply which supplies all sorts of batteries for many applications. Good chance to find a replacement there? Best bet to take it in and match up? Any ideas on cost? Gotta be cheaper than a replacement battery from a bike shop.
    You could try BatterySpace - I bought from them a couple of years ago and it worked out well. I've seen some negatives posts about them, but it was mostly about Li-ion batteries. You should go to a Nimh unless you need the high current discharge that Nicad can provide.

Good luck
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight
    A couple of buddies have had great results with our local Batteries Plus franchise. BP was able to rebuild the battery packs with new cells (usually the same brand/model) and reuse the factory connectors for 1/2 - 2/3 the cost of an all new battery pack.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common