Not Smart Enough to Quit

Ay-Up Regular kit vs Dinotte 200L Dual

It's down to these two, but I'm torn! Both meet my main criteria;

Helmet & bar light under $400
    Run time >3 hours
    Light weight
    Bright enough for singletrack

Pros & cons that I've come up with;
    Ay-up pros - comes with more stuff such as nace carrying case, car charger ect., out of the box 6 hour run times, lighter weight, looks really cool with color choices too! Also up grades can be had at Mfg. cost

Ay-Up cons - no swich (no big deal to me though), brightness & reach is maybe suspect?, mounting requires zip ties

Dinotte pros - a bit cheaper, could upgrade to 2 x 8 hour batteries, brightness, made in USA, dimmer & flash modes

Donotte cons - a bit heavier (maybe not enough to notice or even matter), not as "cool" looking, not sure about the O-ring style mounts, no carrying case (maybe a nice sturdy box, IDK)

What have I missed? Other opinions? The beam shots on the LED review look very similar.

Buying lights is like going on a blind date. What exactly does "great personality" mean?!?!
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

Baz
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Mate one of the reasons I went for the dinotte was the o ring mount. Versatile, light, reliable and simplicity itself. Dont even think about it as a disadvantage. Also, i ditched the helmet mount straps and use Dual Lock velcro to press and rip off. several races and a number of months down and its never budged, nor has the velcro worn (two small patches live on my helmet).

Otherwise, the dinottes have been faultless. Love the output and overall quality. Super light weight, and I think cool looking ;-).

Cheers.