mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Anyone knows whats wrong with TRAILLED??

I have ordered a "dark star" light from him since more than 3 months now, and he stopped answering to my emails too...there's no phone number on his web site.... wtf? this sucks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    His website apologises and says things should be getting back to normal now?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    He had some personal stuff going on. I know that's no excuse but he should be getting back to normal.

mtbr member
    I'm having trouble with an order, too. Fortunately I used Paypal and was able to file a claim. Otherwise I think I'd be screwed because he is not returning any emails.

The issue of personal trouble - too bad. This guy is running a business, and he has to take care of his customers or stop trying to run the business. He issued an "appology" last fall, too. Seems it's time for this guy to NOT quit his day job.

Sad thing is I've bought three complete light kits from this guy, along with accessories. I like them, they work well... but the warranty may as well not exist because neither does this business when this fellow just feels like taking a break. I showed my light kit to plenty of folks at the local trails, and I feel bad for making any recommendation to them about these lights. I don't care how good they are, NOBODY should be purchasing these unless they want an orphaned product and zero warranty - if they're lucky enought to get them in the first place.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mutascan View Post
    I have ordered a "dark star" light from him since more than 3 months now, and he stopped answering to my emails too...there's no phone number on his web site.... wtf? this sucks.
    Mutascan, did you ever get your light from TrailLed?

mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkBike View Post
    Mutascan, did you ever get your light from TrailLed?
    Sadly, I'm in a similar boat here. Dead charger, no response from any e-mail or support account, pretty much without options other than inventing my own (which I had to do).

I like the products, but the support and customer service is beyond abysmal. I totally understand that sometimes life gets in the way, but in that case, I suggest that Trailled should:

- Open source the HW specs of all of the components so that we can fix them ourselves, get parts, etc.
    - Hand off the business to someone else
    - All of the above

I was able to hack together a charger from an RC toy charger and pieces from my old Trailled charger, but it wasn't exactly "comforting" to do so.

I have two of their Lights, but I suppose this is a lesson learned. I had a similar experience with a small framebuilder in Colorado a couple years ago. "Yeah, I can fix your frame, but I'm going away for 6 months - check with me then".

Caveat emptor.

Light freak
    I really feel bad for you guys! I have had to bail out some of his customers at different times over the years. PM me if you need any help and I can see what I can do.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I can't post a link here, but file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General. You can do so online.

Trail LED is listed as "not in good standing" with the state.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    I really feel bad for you guys! I have had to bail out some of his customers at different times over the years. PM me if you need any help and I can see what I can do.
    There are people that are looking for a part number and source for the connector used, have any info to help?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    It's located in the threads here on MTBR.