mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Anyone building with the Easy2LED M36 housing?

I've got a buddy who's commissioned me to build him a couple of new lights. He likes the idea of the small Easy2LED housing I'm working with for myself right now.

He's also a "more power" kinda guy, but I had to talk him down from a XP-G2 triple in the small housing, and go with a XM-L and the DNA-ebay optic

then we started talking bar light, and he wanted a double made from the small housings, when I threw out a triple XM-L/cute optic in the bigger housing idea.

Before I completely talk him into it, has anyone been using that new housing? I don't remember seeing much around here about it - and I'd like to see some pics of it, the easy2led site doesn't have a ton of details/pics.

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    The larger housings were just recently completed and finally shipped out from China. I'm waiting for one to arrive in the next day or so.

I imagine most who ordered them are in the same boat so it will likely be a week or so before we see some builds.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    The larger housings were just recently completed and finally shipped out from China. I'm waiting for one to arrive in the next day or so.

I imagine most who ordered them are in the same boat so it will likely be a week or so before we see some builds.
    Great - thanks for the info. Can you take some more detailed pics when you get yours and post in a thread?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Mine has arrived! I haven't started to build yet. I was suprised how heavy it is - I think this housing can cope with some power/heat!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My two M36 housings arrived yesterday too. It looks very good, only thing I'm worried about are the screw holes on the polycarbonate retainer ring and rear cover, the outer-facing walls seem a little too thin for my comfort. Have to be careful not to tighten the screws too much...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    I've got a buddy who's commissioned me to build him a couple of new lights. He likes the idea of the small Easy2LED housing I'm working with for myself right now.

He's also a "more power" kinda guy, but I had to talk him down from a XP-G2 triple in the small housing, and go with a XM-L and the DNA-ebay optic

then we started talking bar light, and he wanted a double made from the small housings, when I threw out a triple XM-L/cute optic in the bigger housing idea.

Before I completely talk him into it, has anyone been using that new housing? I don't remember seeing much around here about it - and I'd like to see some pics of it, the easy2led site doesn't have a ton of details/pics.
    I'm still pretty happy with my L332 XPG triple in the small housing. I ordered up another body and will be trying the highest power XPG triple soon - can't wait!

Would love to see some pics of the M36 but it appears to be quite large.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    How's heat buildup, and what amperage are you driving at?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    How's heat buildup, and what amperage are you driving at?
    My current L332 build is only putting out around 1100 lumen so I think they are driven at 1A or 1.1A. The new L334 I purchased is putting out more like 1440 lumen and is driven pretty close to full on - I think 1.4A. The L332 will heat the body up pretty good if I am not moving for a couple minutes (say washing mud off my bike) but never gets more than just slightly warm when riding.

I'm still waiting for the L334 so I can't really say, yet.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My M36 housing is still in China. It has been more than 10 days since it has been posted :-(
    Can someone make the pictures of all parts that was received?