mtbr member
    May 2007

Any prep advice for a New Edge Owner?

Hey all, I am really excited about this, I just bought a used Garmin Edge 305 for a great price and it was mounted but not used (supposedly), anyway it should be in my hands on Friday...

Is there any programs I can download now or anything I can get ready so when I get the unit I can save time so I can play with quickly...

Thanks in advance
    Jim

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BCHBOY1206
    Hey all, I am really excited about this, I just bought a used Garmin Edge 305 for a great price and it was mounted but not used (supposedly), anyway it should be in my hands on Friday...

Is there any programs I can download now or anything I can get ready so when I get the unit I can save time so I can play with quickly...
    You can download the Motionbased agent, and Sport Tracks; they are programs that reside on your computer. You'd save the most time by downloading the manual from Garmin (I presume it's available there) and looking at that. It's pretty simple to set up the 305, but there are some decisions you need to make (like whether or not to use autostart), and if you've figured them out ahead of time, you can jump right to them. It'll make a lot more sense when you have the unit right in front of you, but that's probably the way to get going the fastest.

wpg then, van now
    just a vote for sporttracks - it's the best software available right now...