mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Any opinions on Blaast LED lights?

I am considering one of the Blaast line of led light heads for helmet mounting. 720 lumens, nice light spread, sounds like a great deal. Not having a machine shop, I don't think I can build a compact enough unit at that brightness to helmet mount. Any thoughts? It runs 3 P4s, and is very upgradeable with different lenses... I plan to run it on some locally (US) purchashed Li Ion batteries. Also, if I do this, any thoughts about best connectors for the battery back to the head unit?

Thanks all.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Welcome to MTBR dplotner!

As you may have noticed, there are a number of threads and comments regarding these lights here in the GPS, Lighting and Computer forum. Well worth a read through if you haven’t already!

The Molex 0.062" Standard 2-pin connectors are the way to go, part numbers 03-06-2023 and 03-06-1023. Strong and firm connecting, these are actually the connectors that Night Lightning use, so you will have no trouble getting a few extra to use on the battery and charger that you decide on.

It’s a great light.

Dave.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I am leaning towards going this route as well, looks like an excellent light. I'm an electronics newb - How would one go about attaching these connectors? Crimp? Solder? Splicing leads?

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    They are just very simple soldered connections that click in to the plastic plug housing.

There’s an early set of step by step instructions in the adventure lighting products section of the website.

Dave.