mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Any Canadians bought from GEOMAN?

Hi all, just wondering if any fellow Can have ordered from geoman and how the shipping went and or duties I can expect upon delivery.

Got my eye on a 305 perhaps and with the rebate looks very enticing.
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Henry

Double-metric mtb man
    Hey Henry,

I'm on that list (Edmonton area here). The one thing I would suggest is having Geoman send it USPS. Sure, Canada Post will ding you for customs, you'll have to pay GST and it will be a little longer wait than with UPS...but you'll save the UPS brokerage fees for the item *AND* GST brokerage fees (total rip off imho).

I've been very happy with my 305 from Geo and he's treated me extremely well. I recently picked up the cadence / speed sensor and have been duly impressed again.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Try checking out www.radioworld.ca yet? They're in Canada. I think GPSCity is in Alberta. I could be wrong on that name.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    thanks for the responses guys. It's much appreciated.
    I think I'll pull the trigger on one shortly. With the rebate it's great.

And yes I know of radioworld and actually went there to get a bit of a hands on with some units.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hmto,

Ahh so you are from T.O then right? If so it may be better off to jump the border and buy down south if you're 1-2hrs from the border.

That's what the spare tire is for again

Hack Racer
    I bought from GEOMAN. I got dinged by UPS brokerage fees badly since it was shipped UPS ground to Canada. Either have GEOMAN ship it UPS expedited international (expensive $$$), but that includes any brokerage fees. or have him ship it USPS. Canada post only charges 5 dollars handling fee for items that need to cross Canadian customs for clearance. You have to pay GST and PST regardless for both. I believe GEOMAN has them drop shipped from a warehouse somewhere in the states.

Your alternative is http://gpsmart.ca/
    I ordered an extra cadence/speed sensor from them. Their prices are very competitive too.

Oh and costco.ca has the unit for 325 CAD now. Not sure if that is the best price on the market for us Canadians, but you can't go wrong with Costco usually.

Double-metric mtb man
    The Costco price is about the same as MEC...I found Geoman was cheaper, even after the UPS ding.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me