Ugly Finn
    Mar 2009

Amoeba / TrailLED / Troute ?

Hey all,
    not sure if this should be here or in the other lights forum.
    I was planning to email all mentioned manufacturers separately, but I thought maybe it's better to have an open discussion here.
    So, I'm looking for a light for my MTB for round-the-year, round-the-clock commuting (some of it unpaved/unlit) and the occasional dark trail ride. Around here, it's pretty damn dark all the time between September and March and riding gets really old with a poor set of lights.
    Seems like this kind of lights currently give most bang for my . Some things to consider:
    - My budget is ~200 (or 250$).
    - I'd like to have a battery I can replace w/o contacting the manufacturer, so standard connections would be a plus.
    - Optimal runtime would be around six hours (=week's worth of commutes or one long ride with some just-in-case hours) on max. I don't fancy getting a really bright light just to run it on low. My current light pretty much runs on low all the time and that isn't fun at all.
    - An adjustable (left-right, up-down) bar mount would give me some freedom in mounting.
    - It needs to be waterproof enough to keep rain, snow and whathaveyou outside.

So, any suggestions / thoughts? Also, pics of your lights mounted would be great.

Light freak
    Hey Badbunny - Thanks for thinking about my light.

I am sure my Amoeba light would fit the bill quite nicely. I am in Florida traveling for work right now and all of my pictures are on my hard drive. There is some picture of the light mounted in this thread - Amoeba received

Check out the link in my signature to my blog. Check out the archives as there will be lots of pics.

mtbr member
    Hey up Badbunny

well you have dragged 2 of us out off the woodwork .

but I cant see much going to happen on this thread all our lights are good ones
    and we all respect the other makers to not want to get into a my light is better than yours scenario .

We all have a light that will fit in with your budget and will be weather proof .
    and we all ship internationally

I dont really know what else to say

Ugly Finn
    Mar 2009
    Hey,
    thanks for the replies. I wasn't expecting a mud-slinging contest... not sure what I was expecting You guys all seem to have nothing but happy customers and aren't too far from each other price-wise, so this isn't going to be an easy decision.
    I'd flip a coin, but I don't have a three-sided one.