not sure if this should be here or in the other lights forum.
I was planning to email all mentioned manufacturers separately, but I thought maybe it's better to have an open discussion here.
So, I'm looking for a light for my MTB for round-the-year, round-the-clock commuting (some of it unpaved/unlit) and the occasional dark trail ride. Around here, it's pretty damn dark all the time between September and March and riding gets really old with a poor set of lights.
Seems like this kind of lights currently give most bang for my €. Some things to consider:
- My budget is ~200€ (or 250$).
- I'd like to have a battery I can replace w/o contacting the manufacturer, so standard connections would be a plus.
- Optimal runtime would be around six hours (=week's worth of commutes or one long ride with some just-in-case hours) on max. I don't fancy getting a really bright light just to run it on low. My current light pretty much runs on low all the time and that isn't fun at all.
- An adjustable (left-right, up-down) bar mount would give me some freedom in mounting.
- It needs to be waterproof enough to keep rain, snow and whathaveyou outside.
So, any suggestions / thoughts? Also, pics of your lights mounted would be great.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Amoeba / TrailLED / Troute ?
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »