Thread: 7007 Endor

mtbr member

7007 Endor

Has anyone looked at these yet? I am starting to play with LED Home build and they look promising but I have found little on them on any of the boards dealing with bike lighting. 3 for the space of 1

http://www.leddynamics.com/LuxDrive/...7007-Endor.pdf

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    Yeah... those are cool, but not that cool. Finding an optic to fit that configuration will be a challenge - I don't think anyone supports that layout.

Homer
    Also a cool item: the MR11 Penta Rebel optics from LEDIL.
    I know that a few people are building lights with them, should be pretty spectacular...!

Same problem with the Endor: their isnt any off-the-shelve stuff that will fit it.
    Luckily its easier to create a PCB (or just glueing them to the heatsink) than having a custom optic made...
    Although a custom reflector should be possible.
    [SIZE=1]Need optics for DIY bike lights? [/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member

Prototype time

Well I have some on order along with some assorted optic holders for various star pattern PCB's. I'll let you know if I find anything that works.

mtbr member

Lets hope

I hope the optic manufacturers create something for these soon. I tried reflectors and some plastic lens options with no luck. As a raw light source these produce a tremendous amount of light and with 3 emitters fitting on a single star the possibilities are very bright indeed. Couldn't resist. I have attached what I cam up with as a test unit. 1x1x2.25 with the possible current light output at 300 Lumen. I have used the 240 for this test unit as the price point of the star made the most sense. Definitely worth keeping an eye on and maybe sending an encouraging email to an optical system manufacturer or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Response from LEDSupply.com

Thank you for sending an email. The Endor Star will have an optic to fit the 3-up version sometime in January or February. The manufacture is working with an optic company right now. Be assured LED Supply will be extremely fast to carry that optic. If you have any other questions or wish to be updated when it's available please let me know.

So add .25 in to the above case for an optic and you have a 1x1x2.5 light with 300 Lumen at 700mAH Stay tuned
    Last edited by AZ_Dave; 12-20-2007 at 09:22 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    A German shop also sells something like that star above with the difference that they placed the leds a lot closer to each other: see here
    I took an IMS 20 mm reflector and started filing till it fitted with the 3 leds. The result was that the beam was by far to wide and instead of an hotspot there was a darkspot in the middle. I gave it another try by mounting the leds against each other at a piece of aluminium, wideness of the beam was fine for me, but there was still a darkspot in the middle.
    @brum I changed the designs for my Penta Rebel light completely (from round to square) this week. Now it is easier to build and it is even smaller. The dimensions are now 2,5x2,5x4 cm excluding the barmount, but I also figured that part out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Driver for 7007 endor

duplicate
    Last edited by kopec; 12-21-2007 at 01:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Driver for 7007 endor

If you want a great driver to power this triple emmiter configuration, I picked a Fatman from Taskled. a 7.2 lithium battery (2 cell) and you are good to go.

I will be testing next week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Here's an Endor Star built on a power transistor heat sink mounted to an old niterider housing, using a cut down flashlight reflector and a diffuser lens. At 700 ma, it's a nice even floodlight with no hot spots that's fine for singletrack, but I'm sure I'll swap out the reflector for a real optic when it's available.

mtbr member

Optics now available for 7007 Endor

http://www.ledsupply.com/db-opml-3-025.php

Time to place an order and turn these flood lights into spotlight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    az_dave -- Keep us updated on how this works out. I'd like to try this optic / led combo in a Dinotte Style light.

One Gear
    AZ_Dave--Don't get your hopes up, I built a double Endor Star with that optic last spring. The optic is still too wide to throw light down the trail. I spoke with LED Supply and they received a lot of feedback requesting a tighter optic and it is in development.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Has anyone tried the Polymer Optics 181 narrow angle (6degree) tri-led optics for Rebel LEDs (luxeonstar.com) ?

mtbr member
    .40AET thanks for the heads up. I am going to play with it anyway. I usually ride with a flood on the bars and Spots on the helmet, Flood was what I was planning on using this for anyway.

mtbr member
    DIY - 500 Trail Lumens - 50 Bucks! + Tech Talk

The 25 deg they sell are actually 50 degrees, as they are talking half angles ..as many manufactures do!

It's pretty wide, but makes a good flood flood for climbing etc.