Thread: 5B1 XPG tint

mtbr member

5B1 XPG tint

I thought I'd try out the 5B1 tint on the XPG. Its R4 bin.

Here we are next to the cool white R5 1B0.

Can't wait to get out on the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5B1 XPG tint-5b1vs1b0.jpg  

5B1 XPG tint-xpg-bins.jpg  

DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Looks good to me. I love the old WH tint of the XR-E.
    I read in your posts that you use the WH tint, let me know how they compare.

Shame no R5 in that tint but there's probably not much in it in terms of brightness.

Enjoy your ride.

mtbr member
    Hey Zno,

good to see, mine turned up today...have not tried them out as I was too busy playing with the XPC's...

err you were right about the XPC's...more punch, think we moght have something here, but still need to field test them & get some pics, also I need to get them both on the LUX meter & see what that says...

OT:

your wheel should be ship from china this week I think...feel like less rolling resistance, but still need more testing, it must be different inside (or less copper) as it seems to be saturate at around 600mA on a 100uf bi-polar with a 3 LED load...

K

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktronik
    Hey Zno,

good to see, mine turned up today...have not tried them out as I was too busy playing with the XPC's...

err you were right about the XPC's...more punch, think we moght have something here, but still need to field test them & get some pics, also I need to get them both on the LUX meter & see what that says...

OT:

your wheel should be ship from china this week I think...feel like less rolling resistance, but still need more testing, it must be different inside (or less copper) as it seems to be saturate at around 600mA on a 100uf bi-polar with a 3 LED load...

K
    I have a good road trip coming up in august. East Cape + Forgotten highway traveling light. Will be a good test for the wheel. Hope it doesn't take 4 months to post from china like my dive gear last trip!

I'm a little worried this tint will be so good that I'll need to updrade all my WH
    DIY LED Bike Lights:

mtbr member
    One day, I was comparing beam patterns, when I 'crossed the streams' by acco, hell I thought, together the 2 tins look like a better light than either on its own...

I have been crossing the streams for bit now...neutral up top & WH down below...the mix in the middle has very natural look...

K

mtbr member

OT:

K
    I was following along this thread simply because I was curious about how the XP-G R-4 bin compares to the R-5. Looks a bit warmer than the R-5, It would be real nice to see some actual trail/outside beam shot comparisons.

Anyway...this Yank needs to take a course on Down-under speak. The above comment totally got by me....unless the wheel is a coil used in combo with the capacitor. but I'll not be losing any sleep over this. ( someone else's mail anyway )

K....I've done a lot of riding lately using your K-Lite. I held off on the review because I wanted to give the lamp a fair shake. The shaking is over, a review will be forthcoming. I just need to take some photos before I post.

mtbr member
    Fair go mate, you don't speak ozzy??

It's easy, just put a 'a', 'y' or 'o' after every word, anit that right zno mate

anyway you are right, the dynamo hub has less copper coil or has it's poles configgered a different way.

As it has less peak power than the shimano, for my circuit anyway, the sayno goes little notch, big notch, little notch. the shimano is big notch, all the same, but sayno, looks to spin a little longer, but that is from memory, still need to do a side by side test.

Hope that helps

k

mtbr member
    As it has less peak power than the shimano, for my circuit anyway, the sayno goes little notch, big notch, little notch. the shimano is big notch, all the same, but sayno, looks to spin a little longer, but that is from memory, still need to do a side by side test.
    The shimano is over engineered for modern LED use. 3W lighting LEDs is a huge improvement over the old 3w halogen.
    DIY LED Bike Lights: