mtbr member

2-cell 18650 holder needed

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 2-cell 18650 holder? There was a thread on this a while back but I can't find the one I was looking for. I was going to use one of the BatterySpace 2-cell holders but theirs are all on backorder. The only other option I know of is LuminousDIY.com but I wanted to try another version. Digikey.com looks to have some holders but no pictures to verify what the things looks like. EL34, if you're out there you used to make holders but I believe you switched to a commercial brand (?)...any recommendations? Anyone out there have some more ideas?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Here you go, by sdnative. I recently got a couple 4x holders, and like them alot.

http://www.luminousdiy.com/
    DIY 18650 Li-Ion Cell Holders, Take 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell13
    Here you go, by sdnative. I recently got a couple 4x holders, and like them alot.

http://www.luminousdiy.com/
    DIY 18650 Li-Ion Cell Holders, Take 2
    Yes, I have one of their 4-cell holders as well. Like I said in the OP, I wanted to try a different brand. Someone posted a while back a link to some cheap single holders that could be bought from some company but it was too long ago and I can't find the old thread. I don't mind searching for stuff as long as it wasn't too long ago but searching for something old can be a b**** when there are tons of old threads linked to "battery holder+ 18650".

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by odtexas
    Thanks odtexas. That was the exact thread I was thinking about. Looks like I was right about it being Digikey. Digikey does sell a 2-cell holder ( and others ). It should look
    something like this 2-cell 18650 holder .
    The only problem seems to be what Digikey calls lead time which in this case might be about a month.. ....not to mention I would have to mod the holder like the others have done. The LuminousDIY version is starting to look better and better.
    Crap, crap, CRAP!..

Anyone know just how long to expect to get your order from Digikey ( if ordered from the USA office to USA Eastcoast) ?? **sigh** Maybe I'll send them an email and just ask.

mtbr member
    I know people here in the UK who have got stuff from Digikey in 2 days so I ausume it must be really fast for you ( if it's in stock )

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    The only problem seems to be what Digikey calls lead time which in this case might be about a month
    I looked at the Digikey page and they show in excess of 3000 available of the single holder. It is pretty easy to work with these and putting together a double would be a breeze.

Digi-Key Part Number BK-18650-PC2-ND
    Quantity Available 3,734
    Manufacturer MPD (Memory Protection Devices)
    Manufacturer Part Number BK-18650-PC2
    Description HOLDER BATT 1/LI-ION PROTECTED
    Lead Free Status / RoHS Status Lead free / RoHS Compliant

Anyone know just how long to expect to get your order from Digikey ( if ordered from the USA office to USA Eastcoast) ?? **sigh** Maybe I'll send them an email and just ask.
    I am west coast USA and usually get 3-4 day service if using ground shipping. Pay extra and you can have them next day.
    Last edited by Vancbiker; 07-30-2010 at 11:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Sorry, I skimmed your first post and didn't see you already had sdnative's stuff.

I'm in upstate NY, north of Albany, and typically get stuff from digikey in 2-3 days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell13
    Sorry, I skimmed your first post and didn't see you already had sdnative's stuff.

I'm in upstate NY, north of Albany, and typically get stuff from digikey in 2-3 days.
    Okay, for about $6 worth of parts plus shipping looks like it's worth a shot. Thanks to all for their quick feedback.