Who are the brain police?

2,000 lumens for only $7,000 !!!

2,000 lumens for only $7,000. Sounds too good to be true? Yes. But it gets better. This light only weighs 4.5 pounds and lasts an astounding 1.5 hours !!!

I plan on purchasing two of these beasts and mounting them to the sides of my bike. Sickness!!!

* The Beast II has taken over the title of its limited-edition progenitor, The Beast, as the most powerful flashlight-type illumination tool SureFire has ever produced.
    * Despite its name, the Beast II is only 15.5 inches long and weighs just 4.5 pounds - quite manageable with one hand. But it can crank out a 2,000-lumen beam of tightly focused white light, which is roughly equivalent to 130 two D-cell flashlights.
    * The Beast IIís extraordinary light output comes from a High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp. This is the same type of lamp found in streetlights and stadium lights, but Beast IIís HID fits inside a reflector less than 4 inches in diameter.
    * HID lamps are both extremely bright and extremely efficient, producing almost four times the lumen output of an incandescent lamp for an equal power input.
    * Originally designed for applications such as border patrol, maritime interdiction, search and rescue, and other situations requiring a super-rugged portable searchlight, The Beast II is also uniquely suited for a number of outdoor applications, such as boat navigation, landmark identification, wildlife identification or surveying, outdoor photography, and big-room caving.
    * The utility of the original design has been increased by incorporating an array of 12 white light-emitting diodes into the reflector.
    * The combined light output of these LEDs is about the same as a two D-cell flashlight, which allows Beast II to function as a general-use light when the full blast of the HID lamp isnít needed.
    * The Beast II performs under all weather conditions and is brutally tough - itís built from aerospace-grade aluminum with a hard-anodized finish, and is virtually immune to failure from mechanical shock because both the LEDs and the HID lamp have no filament to burn out or break.
    * Power is supplied to the Beast II by twenty 123A lithium batteries held securely inside four cylindrical chambers machined into the flashlight body. These energy-dense batteries provide a remarkable runtime of 1.5 hours for the HID lamp and 20 hours for the LED array.
    * The Beast II features a unique rotary power ring switch located just below the head. To operate the HID lamp, rotate the ring clockwise. To operate the LEDs, rotate counterclockwise. A lock-out tailcap prevents accidental activation during transport or storage.
    * Tempered Pyrex window with anti-reflective coating with rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in black - O-ring sealed, weatherproof
    * SPECIFICATIONS
    o Max Output: HID - 2000 lumens or LED - 12 lumens
    o Runtime: HID - 1.5 hours or LED - 20 hours
    o Length: 388mm / 15.5 inches
    o Bezel Diam: 100mm / 4 inches
    o Weight: 4.5 pounds / 2kg
    o Battery: Twenty 123A Lithium (included)
    o Colour: Black

LINK
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Grizzly
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

Got Homebrew?
    Surefire lights do kick major ass.

I have their 6P light and after five years of HEAVY abuse it works just as bright and nice as the day I got it.

Don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.
    Mountain biking is not about how fast you go, it's about how many new friends you have at the bar after the ride.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    What only a measly 2000 lumens? Have a look at mudmojo’s 6000 lumen killer!

Actually come to think of it, a Lupine Betty or two may actually sound affordable!

Both of them do make nice lights though.

Dave.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Yeah c'mon, everybody complains about Lupine prices... are you kidding?

lurkio
    Jul 2007
    Is this a joke, £3500 for a feckin torch
    We went, earth, sky, earth sky, earth skyambulance

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    Lupine prices... are you kidding?

To be honest they’re terribly expensive here locally. I was trying to be as light hearted as possible though!

You would also know from my other posts that I really do admire Lupine lights, and can accept the prices to a degree. I do try and provide constructive criticism though, because I do believe that they can be made even better then they already are.

Dave.

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    To be honest theyíre terribly expensive here locally. I was trying to be as light hearted as possible though!

You would also know from my other posts that I really do admire Lupine lights, and can accept the prices to a degree. I do try and provide constructive criticism though, because I do believe that they can be made even better then they already are.

Dave.

I hear ya Dave. I also work as Designer, so I understand constructive criticism But $7k for a flash light that puts out 2000 lumens Even my top-of-the-line dh race bike would only retail for about $6500, at most.

Dave, just out of curiousity, what might they do to make them better. I'd like to hear your opinion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007