2,000 lumens for only $7,000. Sounds too good to be true? Yes. But it gets better. This light only weighs 4.5 pounds and lasts an astounding 1.5 hours !!!
I plan on purchasing two of these beasts and mounting them to the sides of my bike. Sickness!!!
* The Beast II has taken over the title of its limited-edition progenitor, The Beast, as the most powerful flashlight-type illumination tool SureFire has ever produced.
* Despite its name, the Beast II is only 15.5 inches long and weighs just 4.5 pounds - quite manageable with one hand. But it can crank out a 2,000-lumen beam of tightly focused white light, which is roughly equivalent to 130 two D-cell flashlights.
* The Beast IIís extraordinary light output comes from a High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp. This is the same type of lamp found in streetlights and stadium lights, but Beast IIís HID fits inside a reflector less than 4 inches in diameter.
* HID lamps are both extremely bright and extremely efficient, producing almost four times the lumen output of an incandescent lamp for an equal power input.
* Originally designed for applications such as border patrol, maritime interdiction, search and rescue, and other situations requiring a super-rugged portable searchlight, The Beast II is also uniquely suited for a number of outdoor applications, such as boat navigation, landmark identification, wildlife identification or surveying, outdoor photography, and big-room caving.
* The utility of the original design has been increased by incorporating an array of 12 white light-emitting diodes into the reflector.
* The combined light output of these LEDs is about the same as a two D-cell flashlight, which allows Beast II to function as a general-use light when the full blast of the HID lamp isnít needed.
* The Beast II performs under all weather conditions and is brutally tough - itís built from aerospace-grade aluminum with a hard-anodized finish, and is virtually immune to failure from mechanical shock because both the LEDs and the HID lamp have no filament to burn out or break.
* Power is supplied to the Beast II by twenty 123A lithium batteries held securely inside four cylindrical chambers machined into the flashlight body. These energy-dense batteries provide a remarkable runtime of 1.5 hours for the HID lamp and 20 hours for the LED array.
* The Beast II features a unique rotary power ring switch located just below the head. To operate the HID lamp, rotate the ring clockwise. To operate the LEDs, rotate counterclockwise. A lock-out tailcap prevents accidental activation during transport or storage.
* Tempered Pyrex window with anti-reflective coating with rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in black - O-ring sealed, weatherproof
o Max Output: HID - 2000 lumens or LED - 12 lumens
o Runtime: HID - 1.5 hours or LED - 20 hours
o Length: 388mm / 15.5 inches
o Bezel Diam: 100mm / 4 inches
o Weight: 4.5 pounds / 2kg
o Battery: Twenty 123A Lithium (included)
o Colour: Black
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: 2,000 lumens for only $7,000 !!!
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »