mtbr member
    Mar 2005

where can you buy '05 caldera frames?

do you have to go through a LBS for a frame only or is there an online outfit selling them?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vortrex
    do you have to go through a LBS for a frame only or is there an online outfit selling them?
    Stick to your LBS. I'm not going to do the whole "this is why LBS's are good, this is why mail order will kill the industry" you guys already know that.

Cheers,
    Joe.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    understand what you are saying, but with an LBS you usually wait and wait and wait. there is one supposed kona dealer in the city and they don't have a single bike in stock.

mtbr member
    understand what you are saying, but with an LBS you usually wait and wait and wait. there is one supposed kona dealer in the city and they don't have a single bike in stock.
    Hm, that is weird. Maybe they're not a Kona dealer anymore. Most shops really want to please their customers, and will get something in as soon as they physically can.

Salt of the Earth

I have a 19" -- new, but

it is a Cinder Cone (same frame, different color). I bought it last week, to be used as a commute bike, but never built it up and probably won't since I am having too much fun with my Kona Dawg.

Light me up with some co-ordinates if you are interested. All I want for it is what I paid...$290 CAD ($235 USD).

Fling me your co-ordinates if interested.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    thanks but I need a 14" for the GF.

mtbr member

Front deraileur details for 05 Caldera and other questions

Quote Originally Posted by Joe - Kona
    Hm, that is weird. Maybe they're not a Kona dealer anymore. Most shops really want to please their customers, and will get something in as soon as they physically can.
    Hi Joe,

I live in the Philippines and just picked up a 2005 caldera frame. At least I think so. It is matte black finish, not cream colored like on your website. Decals look perfect, but does the color mean this is a fake, or an older model year. The bike shop guy says he picked up the frame at interbike last year.

next question - what's the correct front deraileur clamp diameter and seat post size for this frame, assuming it is an 05 Caldera, and would that be top swing, top pull? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uberclyde
    Hi Joe,

I live in the Philippines and just picked up a 2005 caldera frame. At least I think so. It is matte black finish, not cream colored like on your website. Decals look perfect, but does the color mean this is a fake, or an older model year. The bike shop guy says he picked up the frame at interbike last year.

next question - what's the correct front deraileur clamp diameter and seat post size for this frame, assuming it is an 05 Caldera, and would that be top swing, top pull? Thanks.
    It ' a 2005 Caldera 'replacement frame'. It is listed as such on konaworld.com. the frame is the same as the cream one, I have it to and I really like it in black. Oh, and it's a top pull, 27,2 mm post, all pretty standard.