mtbr member
    Feb 2012

What size 2013 Kona Honzo?

If I go with a Honzo, I'm having a tough time deciding whether I'd go with a Medium or Large frame on the 2013. I'm 5'11.5" or 6' with shoes and currently ride a 19" Trek X-cal with a 19' seat tube and a 24.5" effective top tube. I ride my x-cal with a 90mm stem and a 10mm setback post. The Medium Honzo has an 18" seat tube and a 24" effective top tube and the Large has a 18.8" seat tube and a 25" effective top tube. Any rider feedback here. I feel like I would need to run a 100+ stem on the Medium and would run a shorter stem on the Large. I do a fair bit of steep climbing but also am starting to get more aggressive on jumps and small drops, etc.

Thanks for the replies, Kevin

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'm 6'.1.5" and currently ride the 19" 2012 model with a 25" top tube. On my previous Turner 5 spot with 24.5 top tube, I ran a 90mm stem. On my Honzo I'm running a 70mm stem and find the fit perfect. Based strictly on top tube sizing, a 50mm stem on the Honzo would probably feel right for you. On a side not this bike is such a blast, not sure if I'll ever go back to full suspension.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Super Helpful

I'm in the same place, 5'11 with 32 inseam and always on the cusp of frame sizes between M & L. It sounds like the feedback coming in from everyone on this is go with the Large (20" for 2012 and 19" for 2013) and a short 40-50mm stem. Thank You!