Thread: What to do?

electric T
    Mar 2005

New question here. What to do?

I have only rode a friends kona, and I fell in love with riding immediately. I have recently put a 2005 kona on layaway, and almost have it paid off. I still have the option of trading in the bike for another KONA, I guess the question is, should I? I have been skateboarding for 22 years, and am kinda ready to switch sports. I'm looking for a bike that I can beat the **** out of. I'm not any crazier then the next guy, but "I will be doing lots of downhill, big drops, jumps etc." Crazy is fun for me. I just want to know if I made the right decision in buying the 2005 Kona Stinky. Should I have spent the 2 grand on an earlier Kona? Deluxe? or a different Kona. I'm sure i'll be happy, just lookin for advise. Thanks Justin Tee

inner peace to make peace

2005 Kona Stinky

Quote Originally Posted by electricfrank71
    I have only rode a friends kona, and I fell in love with riding immediately. I have recently put a 2005 kona on layaway, and almost have it paid off. I still have the option of trading in the bike for another KONA, I guess the question is, should I? I have been skateboarding for 22 years, and am kinda ready to switch sports. I'm looking for a bike that I can beat the **** out of. I'm not any crazier then the next guy, but "I will be doing lots of downhill, big drops, jumps etc." Crazy is fun for me. I just want to know if I made the right decision in buying the 2005 Kona Stinky. Should I have spent the 2 grand on an earlier Kona? Deluxe? or a different Kona. I'm sure i'll be happy, just lookin for advise. Thanks Justin Tee

2005 Kona Stinky
    you'll love it.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

Just roll it......

The bigger question should be.....

....do you plan to do much riding up with this bike or will it exclusively be a shuttle / DH bike? Reason I ask is that if you plan to ride this bike on trails, climb with it and do more varied riding, a Coiler may be a better bike.

I have a Stinky Primo that I climb with, but I'm not the norm.

EB

inner peace to make peace

'05 Stinky 41# or '05 Coiler 36#

Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    ....do you plan to do much riding up with this bike or will it exclusively be a shuttle / DH bike? Reason I ask is that if you plan to ride this bike on trails, climb with it and do more varied riding, a Coiler may be a better bike.

EB
    get the '05 Sinky if you need a heavy war horse charger for some kick ass free riding and some DH racing. Reminder: Stinky has a double ring and a rock guard (no oem big ring for hauling ass on sprints)

get the '05 Coiler that has a oem triple ring if you're in need of a medium warhorse that'll run faster climbs and sprints on big mountains. the $300 in the money you save from a Stinky can go a long way towards a 2004 RS Boxxer dual crown fork (Kona 'approves' of this), if you later get the urge to bomb rougher descends and do bigger jumps.

Coiler or Stinky...among the best values in big mountian satisfation.
    Last edited by TrailNut; 03-16-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

electric T
    Mar 2005

Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme

EB
    I'm a big strong boy, and I dont mind the extra work, so the stinky it is. I'll probably do alot of shuttles, but equaly do alot of grinding, drops, and tech crap. Later and thanks again. This is my first bike, so whatever the case i'm excited as hell.

electric T
    Mar 2005
    Thanks Tnut.