Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Someone please buy the 2016 Honzo Ti...

...then come on here and write endlessly about how awesome it is and how it's light years ahead of the steel Honzo. Post a stream of photos of the bike in sexy poses and video of the Ti Honzo gobbling up rocks and dirt. Then proclaim how it's the greatest thing since sliced provolone and continue gushing until I can no longer take it and bite the bullet myself and pick up a Honzo Ti so I can stop drooling and getting in trouble at work because I'm spending more time oogling the frame online than earning a paycheck.

Carving the Path of Life
    May 2006

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by i.a.n. View Post
    ...then come on here and write endlessly about how awesome it is and how it's light years ahead of the steel Honzo. Post a stream of photos of the bike in sexy poses and video of the Ti Honzo gobbling up rocks and dirt. Then proclaim how it's the greatest thing since sliced provolone and continue gushing until I can no longer take it and bite the bullet myself and pick up a Honzo Ti so I can stop drooling and getting in trouble at work because I'm spending more time oogling the frame online than earning a paycheck.
    Glad to see I'm not alone...

Chronic 1st-timer
    I think there'll be quite a few of us in this gang.
    Trailwrecker at large

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like you'll have to wait until September or October. That's what my lbs (in Canada) was told by Kona today. Though it seems they are expecting a couple of shipments, so it comes down to when you ordered one. Seems to be a pretty hot ticket. Won't say if I ordered one myself or not...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    Looks like you'll have to wait until September or October. That's what my lbs (in Canada) was told by Kona today. Though it seems they are expecting a couple of shipments, so it comes down to when you ordered one. Seems to be a pretty hot ticket. Won't say if I ordered one myself or not...
    Was this time frame specific to the ti frame or the entire 2016 lineup? My lbs spoke to Kona earlier in the week. They said Aug to early Sept for my Honzo st but that person was just manning the phones while a dealer camp was taking place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    That was just ti Honzo. I'm sure some other stuff will arrive earlier. Kona stuff usually shows up pretty early.

SyT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Does anyone know if this can use the 148 drop outs or is it dedicated 142?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Local Kona shop here in Santa Cruz said they will ship in the Fall. But he said numbers will be limited and they expect the frames to sell out quickly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by i.a.n. View Post
    Local Kona shop here in Santa Cruz said they will ship in the Fall. But he said numbers will be limited and they expect the frames to sell out quickly.
    Well I keep trying to forget about my preorder even though it is just a steel version. Come fall 2015! I guess I can be happy riding my 2013.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beer_coffee_water View Post
    Well I keep trying to forget about my preorder even though it is just a steel version. Come fall 2015! I guess I can be happy riding my 2013.
    Never say, "Just a steel version' when speaking of the Honzo! Love my steel blue meanie. But I'm weak, and susceptible to shiny new things.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ti version is 142: no Boost needed.

Yeah, ian, I expect most of the Honzo crowd is gone daft over that thing. If it were only closer to $1400... like a Carver 420. (I never thought I'd say that about a hardtail... $1400...)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The price is crazy, especially in Canada, where I am. I'll admit - I ordered one - and am completely stoked, but if I hadn't received the amazing bro deal from my shop I wouldn't have splurged.

I'm thinking B+ won't be a problem?? I've seen some steel Honzos with it, and it seems the ti has more clearance (at least from internet scuttlebutt). I have 29 wheels, but have some other hubs lying around, and am trying to decide whether to sell them (to help pay for the damn frame!), or lace them up to some 27.5 rims for giggles.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Collins View Post
    Ti version is 142: no Boost needed.

Yeah, ian, I expect most of the Honzo crowd is gone daft over that thing. If it were only closer to $1400... like a Carver 420. (I never thought I'd say that about a hardtail... $1400...)
    I looked at the 420, but it's more XC oriented. I emailed Carver and asked about a custom frame, but once you start adding things like sliding dropouts, tapered head tube, and the normal stuff on top of the basic frame, you're looking at Honzo Ti prices. But yeah, pricing is out of control across the board. In just a few years we've gone from $5k top of the line carbon bikes to $11k. You'd think carbon was some unobtanium material. Freakin ridiculous.

mtbr member
    for giggles.
    I ride for giggles. An added benefit with moving to a 2016 frame is I can try 27.5+ with added CS yoke clearance. And then decide what wheel size FS to get. I want to keep my forks and wheels interchangeable for lots of reasons.

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    I wonder if this and the new Honzo can take a 29x3.0 in tire.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I too am intrigued by the Ti Honzo. After riding for a week and a half in Sun Valley and Park City, I determined the only two things that could make my Honzo better are a 11 speed drive train (on order) and frame that's three pounds lighter!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hjulier View Post
    I too am intrigued by the Ti Honzo. After riding for a week and a half in Sun Valley and Park City, I determined the only two things that could make my Honzo better are a 11 speed drive train (on order) and frame that's three pounds lighter!
    3 pounds lighter? Know something I don't? I've emailed the folks at Kona to get a frame weight, but haven't gotten a response. If I recall correctly, my large steel Honzo weighs 6.8 pounds. So three pounds is feasible. But I'm having a hard time thinking the Ti Honzo will come in under 4 pounds.

One thing is for sure. I won't drop $2,200 on a frame without first knowing the weight.

mtbr member
    6.8 for an large? I wonder if my small was a pig. It weighed 6.7875 lbs with the axle and clamp.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    6.8 for an large? I wonder if my small was a pig. It weighed 6.7875 lbs with the axle and clamp.
    Maybe you shouldnt have bought the lead seat clamp.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Subscribing... Please give me a reason to blow all my money

mtbr member
    My guess is 2.5lbs lighter = 4.5 lbs.
    Living the dream at TDA Global Cycling – epic bike tours from 500 to 15,000 km.

TDA Global Cycling

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like we will have to wait until October to find out - that's what I was told by Kona. Going to be a long month and a half...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I came across a post of mine from when I built up my Honzo a few years ago. I stand corrected, my frame weighs in at 7 pounds. 6.98 to be exact.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm looking forward to some real world reviews of this frame. The one negative i have heard is that the top tube/down tube gusset at the head tube may be a little overkill - meaning the frame is stiffer thereby offsetting the 'lively-ness' of titanium.

Otherwise I'm stoked on this frame, its taking a lot of restraint not to purchase this sucka today. i love my 2015 honzo, can only imagine how rad a lighter ti would be!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have one on order, and I know it's kinda crazy to buy a frame or bike with no reviews, I did want to get it in time for some fall riding. I also suspect there might be more demand than supply - who knows. My main concern was flex, especially on a bike that is supposed to be ridden hard. So I hope you're right . If I can lose a couple of pounds, and still have a stiff but lively frame, I'll be happy.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast