North American For Life..

Someone from Kona answer this.

I am pissed, I got the invoice on my Stinky D frame today and you guys charged 50 bucks for shipping!!!!! Come on, I am a 2 1/2 hour drive from Ferndale. One day UPS. Being a shipping manager myself. I know what it cost to get that item to me. Please explan to me how you justify that cost.
    Support Go Huck Yourself
    Center Cycle
    Old Town Bicycle
    KGRG 89.9 FM GRCC
    I refuse to accept your reality; therefore I will substitute my own.

I was always told
    That if I ain't gon' be part of the greatest
    I gotta be the greatest myself

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KNine
    I am pissed, I got the invoice on my Stinky D frame today and you guys charged 50 bucks for shipping!!!!! Come on, I am a 2 1/2 hour drive from Ferndale. One day UPS. Being a shipping manager myself. I know what it cost to get that item to me. Please explan to me how you justify that cost.
    KONA might not answer for a week or so , as they are having the 2006 Launch in LesGet/France this week , but instead there prob. be pics of the 06s floating around
    here :-)
    Cheers

i heart singletrack

I'd recommend...

... contacting them directly about this. Typically, the best way to get a response from Kona is to ask the question directly to Kona. KonaJoe won't be back online until late this week, after this post has moved far down on the board...

Just my $.02.
    MG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    This is not the place to dispute a shipping charge. You will get better results contacting Kona directly or better yet, having your LBS contact Kona.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

It is called gas prices rising and the freight companies

charging for oversized freight charges. War is hell and charges for everything will be going up. I have heard through the grapevine that most companies are charging oversized freight charges on bike boxes. That is all I know but there is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-doo
    charging for oversized freight charges. War is hell and charges for everything will be going up. I have heard through the grapevine that most companies are charging oversized freight charges on bike boxes. That is all I know but there is the reason.
    Gas prices my Tail. Even as a Oversize box, The shipping is less then 10 bucks. I deal with UPS, LTL and OTR freight everyday. So i know shipping rates. I Can see maybe 50 Bucks to Miami. But i am less then 135 miles from Ferndale. Then to top it off. What was suppose to be one day to ship took almost a week. If i did not deal with freight everyday. I would know no better. But I Know what know. Hell when i worked in the Bike Industry. We never charged 50 bucks to ship a frame.
    Support Go Huck Yourself
    Center Cycle
    Old Town Bicycle
    KGRG 89.9 FM GRCC

I was always told

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KNine
    Gas prices my Tail. Even as a Oversize box, The shipping is less then 10 bucks. I deal with UPS, LTL and OTR freight everyday. So i know shipping rates. I Can see maybe 50 Bucks to Miami. But i am less then 135 miles from Ferndale. Then to top it off. What was suppose to be one day to ship took almost a week. If i did not deal with freight everyday. I would know no better. But I Know what know. Hell when i worked in the Bike Industry. We never charged 50 bucks to ship a frame.
    When did you work in the bike industry? Things have changed in the last few years. Heck, they've changed pretty dramatically this year! UPS won't take our oversized boxes, so it doesn't matter if they pay us to ship our bikes, they won't put them on their trucks. Same for FedEx. We make NO money on shipping, so don't think for a minute that we're shipping stuff for next to nothing and charging you a bunch for no good reason.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Joe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

As far as I know Kona does not ship with any

of those companies. Fed ex and Conway I believe. Anyways not here to argue but just say that I know Fed ex and Conway and a few other companies have charged for over 130 inches or something like that the way they measure a box and this all happend within the last 5 months.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Shippers are charging by volume as well as weight now (whichever is greater). It costs $15+ to ship a RIM from Atlanta to Miami. $40 to ship across the country. Had a $20 surcharge to ship wire bead tires over the cost of folding tires.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

I am retracting my statement, My bike guy misunderstood what the charges were suppose to be, he though he heard 50 dollars when it was to be 15 dollars.. Anyways i have sent a PM apologizing and going off on the issue.

I will be the first one to admit when they are wrong and in this case i vented before all the facts were in.

For the record though. Even if it had been 50 dollars. Venting and all i still would have paid it. Becasue i belive in supporting companies that produce a good product.

Once again Joe i am sorry for going off before all the facts were in.
    Support Go Huck Yourself
    Center Cycle
    Old Town Bicycle
    KGRG 89.9 FM GRCC

I was always told