mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Satori suspension setups - tips?

I've absolutely loved my Satori - 2013 model - for the 10.5 months i've owned it. I have over 100 rides on it, and more than 1000 miles of Colorado/UT/WY trails.

Recently - it seems a bit "off". I know there could be a number of variables - including me - but here goes.

I've had the front fork serviced - but not the shock.

It seems to have developed a harshness to small bumps and just lost the plush i became accustomed to. (Indeed - maybe need to service both fork and shock?)

Also - seems no matter my setup (both sag and rebound damping) or riding mode - CTD - i'm just not feeling "good" on the bike.

I went thru some tires and ultimately now back to the setup that had me and the bike on cloud nine for months (Maxxis ardent 2.4's frt/rr)

Im currently running frt fork at 24-26% sag (approx 70lbs air pressure and targeted 25% sag but "exact" is tuff to achieve) Rebound anywhere from 4-7 clicks from full closed (to minimize the pogo stick of being too fast)

Currently running the rear shock at same - 24-26% sag which is approx 150lbs air pressure(targeted 25% but realize "exact" is a bit tuff to achieve). rebound 4-6 clicks from full closed.(again to minimze a pogo stick effect)

These settings have worked well - but again, seems of late the bike is riding. Oddly enough - in the spring it seems my sag was likely closer to 30% on the rear - prob form cold storage and leakage. Felt PLUSH as you would imagine - but the bike still worked up or down everything...

Im 5' 6". Approx 170lbs with camelback/gear.

Any thoughts?? tips? how are you setup? Does it sound like maybe a shock or fork tune.service in order?

BTW - daily rides are steep up/down, rocky, loose, some tight switchers, etc... regular ride was Apex but now shut down due to rains. I run my tires tubeless and always in the 22-24pressure range - maybe some days a bit more or less... but that seems mostly constant thru the range of changes i've felt.

Thanks - Dan

mtbr member
    Could be an issue with your shock. If you haven't serviced it at all in 1000 miles, I'd bet that it is due. Most suspension manufacturers recommend service more frequently than most would believe. Also, you mentioned heavy rains...maybe your trails changed and your bike hasn't. I know where I live a good rain could make trails a little rougher for a while after...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado