mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Satori plus angleset?

I own a 2011 kona satori and I love it but my one caveat is the bar height with a 140 fork on it. I've currently got it set up with a 130 revelation and it feels a lot better. But, sometimes on the steep rough trails I miss the 140. Anybody running an angleset with a 140 on their satori? To me it seems like that would allow me to have the bar heighth where i want it and run 140 up front. I'm contemplating it I just don't want to negatively effect the handling on such an expensive part...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    If i'm not mistaken, the Satori comes with a rather tall top cap on the headset. Have you swapped that out with a low rise version? Have you also flipped the stem? Just watch out for the brake levers hitting the top tube.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeah the top cap has been swapped out. I might try the negative rise before spending over 100 dollars on an angleset. The other option is offset bushings but I'm worried that the wheel might have clearance issues with the frame...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I also just picked up a kahuna frame off a buddy with a tall top cap, an email to fsa resulted in finding out they don't make a flat top cap. The cap on my satori is from an older fsa headset, just wondering if anybody has found a flat top cap that works? I'd rather not purchase a whole new headset for the kahuna...

get down!
    I'm sure a flat one from another company would work. Maybe one from a Cane Creek 40?
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm gonna swing by the shop tomorrow and see if they got anything...