Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rear Shock for Stinky 2005

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  chewaz 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm about to buy a Stinky 2005 frame, without the shock. According to Bikepedia it came with the Vanilla DHX but i haven't been able to find any. Which shock is compatible? Thanks
(can't link images yet)

#3 · (Edited)
You can use any shock made by Fox, Marzocchi, RS etc. You need to know the eye to eye measurement and stroke of your shock, the eye to eye of a 2005 stinky is 8.5", stroke 2.5", your replacement shock needs to be the same size as the one you are replacing. You could probably go up to a 3" stroke depending on your load.

#5 ·
It's impossible for me to answer, I have nothing to go on. It is a bit steep for an old stinky, I would offer him $200 for it. The frames are generally pretty good, it's a freeride frame, pretty strong but not the lightest frame either.
An old frame like that might need some work, in regards to bushings and bearing, so check all that stuff out if you decide to go ahead with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.