mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Rear Shock for Stinky 2005

Hi, I'm about to buy a Stinky 2005 frame, without the shock. According to Bikepedia it came with the Vanilla DHX but i haven't been able to find any. Which shock is compatible? Thanks
    (can't link images yet)

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    bump for urgency...halp pzl

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    You can use any shock made by Fox, Marzocchi, RS etc. You need to know the eye to eye measurement and stroke of your shock, the eye to eye of a 2005 stinky is 8.5", stroke 2.5", your replacement shock needs to be the same size as the one you are replacing. You could probably go up to a 3" stroke depending on your load.
    Last edited by SV11; 10-06-2012 at 01:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks

Two more questions, is it $330 too much for this? And how good is this frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    It's impossible for me to answer, I have nothing to go on. It is a bit steep for an old stinky, I would offer him $200 for it. The frames are generally pretty good, it's a freeride frame, pretty strong but not the lightest frame either.
    An old frame like that might need some work, in regards to bushings and bearing, so check all that stuff out if you decide to go ahead with it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    It's impossible for me to answer, I have nothing to go on. It is a bit steep for an old stinky, I would offer him $200 for it. The frames are generally pretty good, it's a freeride frame, pretty strong but not the lightest frame either.
    An old frame like that might need some work, in regards to bushings and bearing, so check all that stuff out if you decide to go ahead with it.
    Thanks a lot