mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Question on what my bikes worth

Hi Everyone, I have a 2007 kona coiler that I was using for highlands trips a few times a year. I no longer have a use for this bike and was debating selling it. I was hoping you guys could help me out with what would be a fair asking price for this bike.

its stock suspension, but I have avid elixir brakes on it, e13 chain guide with x9 shifter and x9 rear derailleur. Chromag bars, etc. stock rims and fairly new tires, however if the price is right I do have a set of deemaxs that I was using with it. No dents or dings in the frame. Some cable wear but that's about it.

A ball park figure would be great.

Thanks, Chris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    $800-$1200

It all depends on if you can find someone to buy it at the price you're looking for and how fast you need the cash.

Cutting and pasting 2007 kona coiler site:craigslist.org in google will give you many of the ads for your year bike on craigslist so you can look at your competition.

Keep in mind the chances of finding a buyer greatly improve if you live in a big city or have trails nearby that attract alot of riders needing your type of ride.

Its always ok to price high and take offers, OBO

Make sure you stack a keywords section in the bottom of your ad to get extra eyes on it

such as: Keywords: speciaized downhill mountain bike fox marzocchi trek giant am xc (large medium small) etc...

helps a ton with traffic