mtbr member

Good job! a question for joe

whats the new d.o.p.e swingarm all about then,can i fit it to my 06 coiler supreme if i buy the whole lower swingarm,and will it be 12mm dropout specific or if i buy different dropouts as im looking at purchasing some new wheels but i wouldnt mind going to 10 or 12mm bolt through dropouts. thank you for any help konut

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konut
    whats the new d.o.p.e swingarm all about then,can i fit it to my 06 coiler supreme if i buy the whole lower swingarm,and will it be 12mm dropout specific or if i buy different dropouts as im looking at purchasing some new wheels but i wouldnt mind going to 10 or 12mm bolt through dropouts. thank you for any help konut
    I hate to say it, but I haven't even had the chance to get a good look at the D.O.P.E system yet. I messed around with it for a minute on a display stand we had, and I rode a Coiler with it in the warehouse, but that's about it.

I would guess, since the system bolts to the frame of the bike, that it will not be compatible with anything older than a 2007 model. I don't remember exactly, but I think it mounted by a bolt and not a clamp, so that should be the case.....

Yep. I jusst looked at some of the pics, you can see it on the pics that were posted on this forum. On that Stinky Primo (yes, it's pink, and yes, it looks very cool in person) There's a nub that sticks out for a bolt where the system attaches. The same thing can be seen on the backside of the CoilAir Supreme. I don't know if a clamp for older models will be made, or if it would even be safe.

I hope that helps,
    Joe.

Happy Coiler Owner
    Aug 2005
    umm sorry if i missed it somewhere what does D.O.P.E stand for?

mtbr member
    aint got a clue it looks like some sort of replaceble dropout for the 07 coiler and stinky bikes theres pics in the show me the 2007 bikes in the kona forums,sorry for any misunderstanding

Happy Coiler Owner
    Aug 2005
    I have seen the thread and enjoyed it quite alot, i was just curious as to if and what D.O.P.E stood for as it may clear some things up about it

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    While were on the subject of questioons for Joe.. How come we don't get the lower end steel frame bikes like the Lava Dome in Australia?

Is there any plans for them to ever come to Aus?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fejfighter
    I have seen the thread and enjoyed it quite alot, i was just curious as to if and what D.O.P.E stood for as it may clear some things up about it
    Hi, fejfighter,
    You know, i really have NO idea what D.O.P.E stands for. I haven't heard once. Funny! And I am dead serious, I just don't know. Digging will commence tomorrow in the AM.

Joe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dopey
    While were on the subject of questioons for Joe.. How come we don't get the lower end steel frame bikes like the Lava Dome in Australia?

Is there any plans for them to ever come to Aus?
    Hey dopey,

Hm, maybe you can clear up what D.O.P.E stands for.

To answer your question, we don't offer the Lavadome as a frame-only anywhere. Just the Explosif. (And Unit, and Explosif 2-9 and Unit 2-9)
    If you are asking about complete bikes, that is up to the distributor in Autralia. Europe gets a couple different bikes than the U.S and Canada, Russia has some funny bikes, etc, etc.

Happy Coiler Owner
    Aug 2005
    thanks joe, i hope the digging yeilds the results we are desperate to know
    my mate just got an 06 stinky deluxe and i was thinking about going one better -whne it comes out

as far as dopey's question i think he was talking about whole bikes, just based on steel frames,

Dopey: the distributer is groupe sportif for australia but i am not sure of their contact details

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Does D.O.P.E. = Floating Brake

Are you guys talking about the floating brake on the 07's?

If so, I think it is a brilliant idea. I've got the floater on my 05 Stinky Supreme and love it.

mtbr member
    I hid in the bushes and asked a guy who was taking out the rubbish. He said and I quote

"Double Overhead Poop Extender"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe - Kona
    Hey dopey,

Hm, maybe you can clear up what D.O.P.E stands for.
    Nope sorry.. But im after you guys now for royalties/naming rights etc etc..

Please dispatch 1 x 58cm King Zing and 1 x Large King Supreme to Sydney care of Qantas Freight.. I'll take it from there..

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dopey
    Nope sorry.. But im after you guys now for royalties/naming rights etc etc..

Please dispatch 1 x 58cm King Zing and 1 x Large King Supreme to Sydney care of Qantas Freight.. I'll take it from there..

Cheers

Boy, I wish I could. I have one of those King Zings. It's really a thing of beauty. Rides as nice as any road bike ever could, I think.

mtbr member
    can i fit just the swingarm and rear drop outs with out the floating brake thingy ma jig