Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 1,451 to 1,496 of 1496
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sferguson24 View Post
    Attachment 1014389

Me either! I love my Satori! The stock build needed some upgrades cause I'm fat I guess but I love that bike, and of course the new edition to my Kona family, the Honzo ST. My satori is a 20" and so is the Honzo.
    nice wips!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    'GET OFF MY LAWN!! YA DIRTY HIPPIE!!'
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi fellow kona owners, this is my first post to this forum but it will definitely not be my last. I've been wanting to get back on the pedals for a while now and also wanted a winter build project. All I knew I wanted was a retro kona frame, after all the first bike I really enjoyed riding was a 1998 Hahannah. I stumbled across a 1998 stinky five frame in pretty good condition with the original forks and had to have it. It was a bit of a heart ruled the head purchase because I didn't really do much research into the frame specs on the internet because I had already lost out on a few other konas that has been for sale, so it was a rush purchase. I'm really looking forward to getting it riding again but I can't find much details on it, so if any one of you kind people have any info on it it'll be gratefully appreciated, even klassickona don't have any info on it. Thanks again guys and girls, I look forward to many threads and conversations to come. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com
    /15/09/30/176f99124bbf7ec413b13fc382a3df2d.jpg" width="549">

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi guys and girls, I'm new to the forum. Just got myself a kona stinky five 1998 (frame, shock and fork only) as a winter project. Don't know alot about this frame and can't seem to find any details on it, so if any of you have any info on it that'd be great. Thanks again fellow peddlers. Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-uploadfromtaptalk1443642781271.jpg

mtbr member

My new Kona Private Jake

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_3081.jpgPost your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_3086.jpg

mtbr member
    Hi there !
    I just put together a bike for my wife with all the spare parts I found at home. I just buy the frame and fork for $200 and 19 buck for the seat post and here is the build at 25 pounds. Not bad I think so!

King kahuna. Year. ????unknown.

Now to take my wife to the trails. Uffff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Took my "new" King Kahuna on its maiden voyage today. So far I'm liking it.
    Niner RDO fork
    Crest wheels
    XT brakes
    1x10
    Raceface 34t
    X9 rear derailleur
    Shwalbe Racing Ralph tires
    20.7 pounds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice rig.

mtbr member

Just finished building this rig up. Quick pedal around the driveway felt pretty good.
    Runs xtr 1x10 with one up expansion
    Zee brakes
    Nextie carbon asymmetric rims on purple hope hubs.
    Chromag bar and saddle with hope 35mm stem.
    Cant wait for a trail test and then some Avalanche suspension.

mtbr member
    Purdy in black!

Don't the HR2's look fat out back ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------
    -=snifff!!=- What's that you say?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Mine

mtbr member
    How do you like your Precept DL? I have a Process 134 with a Pike 150 and love the bike. Thinking of getting the Precept for the wife - hopefully it will be a confidence builder to help her push the envelope a bit. Seems geometry is pretty similar to my Process.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Loving my Kona Wo.
    I have updated gears to XT and swapped the tires to BFL.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi,
    I live in Colorado and get out and ride whenever I can. I mostly ride cross country but do a little bit of trail and close to all mountain when I can take the pounding. This bike is definitely not mean for fast downhills with huge rocks and big drop-offs. This past fall I raced for the first time ever and completed the season on the Colorado High School Cycling League. My coach built this bike for me to ride and race as long as I am on the team and told me it was a Yeti. I got bashed by Yeti enthusiasts saying that this is definitely not a Yeti. I decided to pull off some of the tape and found out this is a Kona. Anybody have any idea what model or year it is? I can't find any that exactly match this frame. Here's a whole folder of photos of it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...0tIenp6RE5JQlU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-20151209_153213_richtone-hdr-.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-20151209_153159_richtone-hdr-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hello All,
    I am new here I purchased a Kona Cinder Cone. Love this thing!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dev-frankenyeti View Post
    Hi,
    I live in Colorado and get out and ride whenever I can. I mostly ride cross country but do a little bit of trail and close to all mountain when I can take the pounding. This bike is definitely not mean for fast downhills with huge rocks and big drop-offs. This past fall I raced for the first time ever and completed the season on the Colorado High School Cycling League. My coach built this bike for me to ride and race as long as I am on the team and told me it was a Yeti. I got bashed by Yeti enthusiasts saying that this is definitely not a Yeti. I decided to pull off some of the tape and found out this is a Kona. Anybody have any idea what model or year it is? I can't find any that exactly match this frame. Here's a whole folder of photos of it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...0tIenp6RE5JQlU
    Need to see the dropout of the frame and a whole picture of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by protsi View Post
    Need to see the dropout of the frame and a whole picture of it.

Sorry. I dint open the link until now.

Look like the OLD BIG KAHUNA FRAME

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by protsi View Post
    Sorry. I dint open the link until now.

Look like the OLD BIG KAHUNA FRAME

Any Guess on what year it might be?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Allow me to introduce my Process 111.

I just finished the build today. I was able to build this with the money from the sale of my Specialized Enduro 29. I was able to ride it a little before the snow hit Salt Lake but hadn't received the dropper until yesterday.

Here are the parts:

Process 111 XL Frame
    Rockshox Pike RC3 120mm
    Ibis 928 Carbon Wheels
    9point8 Fall Line 150mm Dropper
    Easton Haven 35 stem 32mm length
    Chromag BZA 800mm Carbon Bars
    SRAM GX cassette, derailleur and shifter
    Raceface Aeffect Cranks
    Shimano XT Brakes with ice tech rotors
    Lizard Skin North Shore Grips
    Cane Creen Inline rear shock
    Chromag Moon ti Saddle
    Maxxis Ikon 2.35 Rear
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf Front
    XT clipless pedals

Here's the crazy part. I built it up myself and scoured the web for the best deal I could find. In the end I was able to build the whole thing up for $3600!

I love the bike. I built it with some light carbon wheels and some beefy but relatively light tires. This thing changes direction on the trail like nothing I've ridden before. It is super playful. I wish I could have ridden it more before the snow hit, but I may have to make a mid winter bikation to Arizona.

I live in Salt Lake. I've been riding for about 17 Years but really went nuts with it 6 years ago. I'm 27, Married, and work too much and ride too little. My new Years resolution is to ride much more this Year. I love going down to Moab whenever I can and Porcupine Rim has to be my favorite trail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_0078.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_0032.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hi! My Kona Shred (Renovated)

mtbr member
    G'day there.... name's Ben, from Tassie, and this is my budget 'bitza' Cowan DS build. Bought the bike as a single-speed for a few hundred bucks and converted it to a somewhat-XC bike. Basically it's my do-everything bike that gets as little spent on it as possible, mostly with whatever's on special on CRC or Wiggle.

Pretty sure the frame is a 2006 or 2007.
    Marzocchi DJ2 forks, Fox RP3 shock.
    1x10 drivetrain - Widgit 30-tooth chainring, Shimano Deore crank/BB, shifter, SLX rear derailleur, XT cassette, M395 brakes, SLX 160mm rotors.
    NSBikes 20mm front hub on Sun Ringle MTX29, Shimano MT55 rear wheelset.
    Maxxis Ikons for summer.
    TMARS dropper post with OEM Giant saddle.

Does the job for the moment, would like to replace the coil/air DJ2 for a basic air-fork at some point. Will strip back, repaint and rebuild the frame with fresh bearings/bushings over this coming winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-screen-shot-2016-02-22-22.51.22.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-screen-shot-2016-02-22-22.51.39.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-screen-shot-2016-02-22-22.51.50.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-screen-shot-2016-02-22-22.52.02.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-screen-shot-2016-02-22-22.52.16.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Hey! Name's Tyler and I just switched over from BMX to MTB and got myself a 2016 Honzo AL/DL. I ride in northwest Washington. Totally new to MTB, so I'm still adjusting to the bigger bikes. My knee couldn't handle BMX anymore, so hopefully this keeps me involved with bikes. Here's a pic of my bike after my first ride, taking it around town and gapping stair cases and planters and stuff, so it's got a slammed seat.

I love this bike so far. I tested it and a 2014 Honzo, and the lighter 2016 just felt way better for me. A lot more flickable and just felt like it'd be a better transition-bike for me, despite all my BMX bikes having been steel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-12728939_10153288988745925_5937808545267330333_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDenton88 View Post
    Hi guys and girls, I'm new to the forum. Just got myself a kona stinky five 1998 (frame, shock and fork only) as a winter project. Don't know alot about this frame and can't seem to find any details on it, so if any of you have any info on it that'd be great. Thanks again fellow peddlers.

Hi C-Denton,
    looks like a 2000 stinky, but with a slightly different paint job:

konaworld.com

by the way, name's rynee and here's my current ride:
    Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_3623.jpg
    2k13 honzo
    revelation fork still at 120
    stock wheels, tires, saddle
    changes:
    stem and bar are roox
    seatpost ks dropzone 125
    brakes xt (not on the pic)
    cranks and bb raceface evolve dh
    front ring oneup nw 34
    rear cassette oneup'd with a 42 / 16 combo
    stock rear mech and shifter

awesome ride, nothing else to say about it

cheers,

rynee

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Upset

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-image.jpg
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  100.7 KB

2014 Process 153

Mostly stock.

Rock Shox Monarch Plus shock
    Carbonspeedcycle 35e/30i carbon rims with Novatec hubs
    Minions DHF 2.5 F and DHR2 2.3 R
    Spare / mud wheelset is Spany Oozy 295 w/ Hope Evo 2 hubs and Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.3 Performance Bike Park rubbers
    Race Face SixC 800mm carbon bars
    Shimano Ice Tec rotors
    1x10 set up w/Wolftooth 42T and 16T cogs and Race Face 34T NW ring Wolftooth Goat Link AND OneUp RAD cage (just in case)
    MRP SxG chain guide

And a broken cage on my SLX Shadow + rear der and bent North Shore Billet hanger as of this afternoon!!!

Deadrise & Derailleurs
    2015 Kona Kahuna DL

My inaugural ride on my new Kona was in my home town. The second ride was in North Carolina. Awesome way to break it in.
    Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-kona3.jpg
    I want to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Hi, I'm Nick and I'm addicted to old(er) Kona bikes.

Current fleet:
    Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_20151113_150802065_hdr.jpg

2005 Stab Supreme. Downhill park rig. Deity bar, Sensus grips, nothing crazy.

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_20160220_170942670.jpg

2005 Cowan. Urban assault / dirt jump / run errands bike. Swapped to single speed, green chain, Sensus grips, Deity post and saddle. Recently took the front brake off.

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_20151207_132818847.jpg

2008 Cowan. Jack of all trades bike. Trails, rail trails, jumps, commuting... Only bike I bought new. Stock except for Sensus grips.

Honorable mention is my girlfriend's 2004 Kona Lisa HT which I scooped up this past summer. The bike is MINT. I swear mine wasn't that nice when I got it from my LBS.
    Instagram = @njcshreds
    '08 Kona Cowan
    '05 Kona Cowan
    '05 Kona Stab Supreme
    '06 Kona Lisa HT (hers)
    Centre Ski & Bike

mtbr member

2006 Kikapu barn find rescue

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-rsz_20160403_184442.jpg
    Found this on my local craigslist. Just left for dead by the PO. Cleaned it up and a buddy of mine at work put on the new components. I am close to making it full XT. This is my first FS and first Kona. It's a 19" frame. I am 6 ft and weigh about 210 lbs. Will ride some local trails once the ground dries good. My last MTB was an Iron Horse HT.
    Last edited by 4runerguy; 04-11-2016 at 02:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Good buy. Enjoy. Happy mtbkr

mtbr member
    Big Unit I built last year with some purchased parts and some left overs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-kona-big-unit.jpg  

Cannondale F29 carbon
    Jamis Renegade Elite
    Kona Big Unit SS/full rigid
    Kona Private Jake SSCX (build in progress)

Mechanic/Thrill Junkie
    Hey Y'all, here's my Big Kahuna Scandium Build.

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-1.jpgPost your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-12-copy.jpgPost your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-2.jpgPost your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-13-copy.jpg
    Last edited by AlexCase; 04-08-2016 at 09:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Hi!

Name:  IMG_0420.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  107.9 KB

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

New process built up!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-20160324_110135.jpg  

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-20160403_163936.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by SocalTeknique View Post
    Hi my name is Edgar and I'm from Orange County California and I've just got a 2006 Kona Coiler. Been wanting a Kona with the "Stencil" graphics for the longest time and spotted this on CL. Really exited to join the Kona Family.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    My name is Edgar and I'm from OC California and here's my 2006 Kona Coiler

Attachment 813835

Hi my name is Edgar and I'm from Orange County California and I've just got a 2006 Kona Coiler. Been wanting a Kona with the "Stencil" graphics for the longest time and spotted this on CL. Really exited to join the Kona Family.

Hi, I have a Coiler too and I just signed up to ask you if put a triple crown in a Coiler is too much. I do soft DH and FR and I wanted to know if the Coiler will support it with a triple crown (now I have a Marzocchi 66 RV ETA 160mm)

Thanks and sorry if my English is bad haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

New question here.

My name is Edgar and I'm from OC California and here's my 2006 Kona Coiler

Attachment 813835

Hi I just signed up to know if a triple crown is too much for the Coiler (I have read that maybe Coiler doesn't support it), what's your opinion about this? I would use it for soft DH and FR

Thanks and sorry if my English is bad haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Hey guys, just got back into riding with the motivation of some of my buddies who are into riding. Last time i had a new bike i was probably 12 years old or 10 years ago.

Here is my 2016 Kona Blast, I love the beast so far. Is there anyone who can tell me there thoughts on the bike? I kind of want it to be a jack of all trades for riding.

Thanks ^.^

mtbr member
    You'll have a 'blast' on that whip for sure ;-)

Maybe in the future you'll want to drop the 3 ring circus up front, for a 1 or 2 by... maybe an extra 20mm of travel up front + move Ardent out back and get something a little more aggressive on point ^^

o/c the above mods depend on your trails and riding style... but, somewhere down the line you'll get more adventurous and want a little more pop from your mule.

PS - Konas are built to last. Enjoy and have a blast!

#1 resolution... Ride it like I stole it!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    You'll have a 'blast' on that whip for sure ;-)

Maybe in the future you'll want to drop the 3 ring circus up front, for a 1 or 2 by... maybe an extra 20mm of travel up front + move Ardent out back and get something a little more aggressive on point ^^

o/c the above mods depend on your trails and riding style... but, somewhere down the line you'll get more adventurous and want a little more pop from your mule.

PS - Konas are built to last. Enjoy and have a blast!

Thanks
    Yea i've already been thinking about the upgrades, all in due time with more experience!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelix View Post
    Hey guys, just got back into riding with the motivation of some of my buddies who are into riding. Last time i had a new bike i was probably 12 years old or 10 years ago.

Here is my 2016 Kona Blast, I love the beast so far. Is there anyone who can tell me there thoughts on the bike? I kind of want it to be a jack of all trades for riding.

Thanks ^.^

I bought the same bike this year. You might want to take the reflectors out of the pedals, they flew out for me, don't want to leave litter behind. I'm in the same boat of not riding since I was a young kid and this is my first foray into riding.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Rafael from Brazil and this is my fleet of Kona bicycles, the 2013 Dew DL is may main mode of transportation and gets me to work and everywhere else I need to go. The 2013 Kahuna is my "serious" mountain bike and the 2011 Unit is just a stupid fun bicycle. Riding a Unit and not smiling just doesn`t exist, everyone should have a Unit in their quiver.
    Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-12483824_764624613643416_996439418_n.jpgPost your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-13161452_826244640814746_407716943_o.jpgPost your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-13214808_829736033798940_271136778_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)

Hi! I'm Kevin from Bellingham, WA. Getting back into mountain biking and replaced my very old '92 GT Timberline. Got the 2015 Kona Cindercone back in December and have been modifying it. I wanted fatter tires (maybe I should have gone with a + size bike) so I put the 2.25 Ardent from the front to back and got a 2.4 Ardent for the front. Problem. Not enough clearance in back so, I ditched the front derailleur to make room and now have 1x9. I miss the old granny gear on steeper climbs that take more than a minute. I'm gettin' old but, the 30t front gear is ok for most situations and I like the way it rides with the wider tires.
    Other minor changes; new VP platform pedals, upgraded to Shimano SLX shifters, new WBT ergo grips and saddle. Next change will be 10 speed cassette/shifter. Having a blast with my new ride. It's light and responsive but, mostly just fun to ride. Good trails locally on Galbraith Mt. and I've taken it over to the eastern Cascades and this summer going to take it BC and AB.Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-image1464996337.655030.jpg
    Last edited by kmac2; 06-08-2016 at 09:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Hey Kev,

Pics or it didn't happen!

PS - may I recommend the SunRace 10 speed extended cassette? 40 or 42 are available ^^

Make those climbs a little easier =)

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Yep. That's the next upgrade but for now it's good for most not too steep climbs

> 50
    Aug 2014

new 29er

Picked up an XL process 111DL today. Will finish assembly tomorrow after work.

mtbr member
    Santa Cruz convert here and digging our stupid-fun konas!

14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    Santa Cruz convert here and digging our stupid-fun konas!

Why not both?
    👍
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2012 CX Kona Jake

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    My Wo and my Stab.
    When I raced DH I would buy a new bike every year and sell them in the fall. This is the only one I kept. It came with a fox but now has a 888 with risse racing drop crown's.
    I have owned several Kona's over the years and even though they may not have been the most trendy I have always liked the way every one of them have rode.
    I think in the fall I will order a new Honzo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Kona's!(and introduce yourself)-img_1636.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by flynn.35 View Post
    New process built up!!!!
    Flynn, do you ever have problems getting over fallen trees or boulders with the bottle cage down there? Tx, nice rig!

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930