mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Picking up my new Coiler Primo Today!!!

My lbs said it would be assembled and avail for pickup this afternoon, I'm stoked!!!

I'm 6' and ordered a medium. (I will be using it more for freeride/urban than singletrack.) I just thought the weight and dual crown fork was too much for me to go with the stinky.

I will be taking her on her maiden voyage in downtown Atlanta, GA tonight to see how she rides.

Did i mention i'm stoked

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by mispulpfiction
    My lbs said it would be assembled and avail for pickup this afternoon, I'm stoked!!!

I'm 6' and ordered a medium. (I will be using it more for freeride/urban than singletrack.) I just thought the weight and dual crown fork was too much for me to go with the stinky.

I will be taking her on her maiden voyage in downtown Atlanta, GA tonight to see how she rides.

Did i mention i'm stoked
    Congrats on the bikes, and welcome to Kona :P

mtbr member
    Nice!

So...how was the ride? Did the medium feel good for the type of riding you do? Do you think it would be comfortable for longer (30-40mi) trail rides?

Thanks much!
    [SIZE=5]
    Shot through the heart
    And you're to blame
    You give love a bad name...
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDigIt
    Nice!

So...how was the ride? Did the medium feel good for the type of riding you do? Do you think it would be comfortable for longer (30-40mi) trail rides?

Thanks much!

Well I just went on a 5-6 mile jaunt around the city, and for that it was great. However i almost feel like I could have gotten the large. (with a shorter stem like a evolve or diabolous it would be about the same fit.

Rode great, but have to get a stiffer rear spring (i'm a fatty), and get something done with the front disc. For some reason it's slightly warped and makes a clanking sound on occasion. (might be something to do with how the shop installed it backwards at first until i took it back.)

Will keep you posted.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Sizing

Rode it again yesterday, and starting to think that a large may have been the way to go. I couldn't ride one at the shop, because they don't carry any of the high end bikes on a regular basis, special order only.

I am going to talk to the shop owner today to see if he can trade it out for a large frame.

I just feel too upright (I don't want to be stretched out over the bars, but I don't want to be recumbant (sp) either). I think for CC riding i might feel comfortable on an XL, but for my middle of the road ( freeride and some CC ), I think the LARGEis where it is at.

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mispulpfiction
    Rode it again yesterday, and starting to think that a large may have been the way to go. I couldn't ride one at the shop, because they don't carry any of the high end bikes on a regular basis, special order only.

I am going to talk to the shop owner today to see if he can trade it out for a large frame.

I just feel too upright (I don't want to be stretched out over the bars, but I don't want to be recumbant (sp) either). I think for CC riding i might feel comfortable on an XL, but for my middle of the road ( freeride and some CC ), I think the LARGEis where it is at.
    I'm just a tad over 6' and I ride the large. I use it for all around and I think it's the right size, at least for me. Hopefully they will let you swap it.