Thread: P2 fork

Tad
    enormous member
    Jan 2004

New question here. P2 fork

I've been looking for a P2 fork with canti studs for my mtn bike and noticed that some online stores stock a P2 cyclocross fork and a P2 mtn fork with studs. Are they different?? The Kona website makes no mention of any cyclocross fork. What gives?

mtbr member
    I was and still am really confused about that too! It looks to me like there is a 26 inch jump fork, 26 inch canti only, 26 inch disc only, 26 inch canti/disc brake(on unit?) and a 700c cyclocross. Maybe the disc only cyclocross and mountain fork are one in the same?

Can konajoe clear this up?

Was looking for the disc only fork for my explosif and found it for $50 at bikeco.com. They also have canti fork!

Bikeco
    Last edited by J-RAD; 05-23-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by J-RAD
    I was and still am really confused about that too! It looks to me like there is a 26 inch jump fork, 26 inch canti only, 26 inch disc only, 26 inch canti/disc brake(on unit?) and a 700c cyclocross. Maybe the disc only cyclocross and mountain fork are one in the same?

Can konajoe clear this up?

Was looking for the disc only fork for my explosif and found it for $50 at bikeco.com. They also have canti fork!

Bikeco
    They are all different forks.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Tad
    enormous member
    Jan 2004

Thanks fellas,

that's what I needed to know...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad
    I've been looking for a P2 fork with canti studs for my mtn bike and noticed that some online stores stock a P2 cyclocross fork and a P2 mtn fork with studs. Are they different?? The Kona website makes no mention of any cyclocross fork. What gives?
    The jump fork is beefy and heavy (26") - for jumping of course. The MTB fork comes in (2) versions - canti and disc only (26") and the cross fork whick looks indentical to the MTB fork is for 700c wheels. You want the MTB fork for (26") wheels, not the jump fork.

These can be bought on ebay for cheap money. What I have done for my ride is... buy an older model P2, 1-1/8" with a short (5") threaded steerer ($13), cut off the threads and welded ($20) a piece of cromoly metal tubing to the end. Viola - you can`t even tell it`s been modified.

Ignore the red circles I was thinking of drilling holes.