mtbr member

No ISCG mounts on 05 Stinky

Why is there not ISCG mounts on the Stinky? I bought a e.thirteen DRS chainguide to put on my new Stinky but when I was going to put it on I saw that there was no mounts (or am I blind?). So now I am sitting with unused DRS that I would really like to have on my bike.

Does anyone know of a way to make it work?

mtbr member

BB mounted chainguide

I guess Stinky's don't come with chainguide mounts because Kona figures they are designed for double chainrings. Just a guess, have no "official" answer. Seen plenty of Stinky's with them though, using a BB mounted chainguide such as the Tru-vativ Boxguide. Good Luck

mtbr member
    Thanks alot but isn't there a way to use my e.13? Isn't the Stab the same frame as the Stinky's? The Stab has e.13 chainguide!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    E.13 newest DRS doesn't even have ISCG holes in it for the same reason. Manufacturers could not consistently get the specs correct for ISCG and it typically ended up being a bigger PITA than it was an advantage. Just mount the DRS w/o using the three ISCG holes and your good to go.

E.13 has developed an entirely new ISCG standard (ISCG '05) and you should start to see that used more and more soon.

mtbr member
    Thanks alot for the input, did not know that I could mount it on without the ISCG holes.

Found out that there is a ISCG adapter that should have been in the kit but the guys at Go-Ride are going to send it to me with my order that I am waiting for from them so I should have chainguide in about 2 weeks.