• 10-17-2005
    Egar
    Konas in action!! Post your pics
    So, we have coilers in action and all that, how about a thread of ALL the various sweet Konas in glorious action? Whattya say?

I'll post once I get a chance to ride my Dawg more...
  • 10-18-2005
    mmmm...kona
    3 Attachment(s)
    They're not "action" shots, but they do show some nice scenery - all within 45 minutes from my house. These are all with my soon to be winter bike only Bear.
  • 10-18-2005
    tim_54321
    Thats some nice looking terrain you got there :)
  • 10-18-2005
    mgersib
    5 Attachment(s)
    ... a few of mine...
    Here are a few pics of me on my Konas...
  • 10-18-2005
    mgersib
    1 Attachment(s)
    ... another fun one
    I just received this one today.
    mg
  • 10-18-2005
    drum714
    I'll play!

Heres a few of my 04 Coiler
  • 10-18-2005
    SoloRider
  • 10-19-2005
    DiRt DeViL
  • 10-19-2005
    shiggy
    1 Attachment(s)
    Coiler de shiggy

The angle is not exaggerated
  • 10-19-2005
    kazlx
  • 10-19-2005
    Carbon Ken
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmm...kona
    They're not "action" shots, but they do show some nice scenery - all within 45 minutes from my house. These are all with my soon to be winter bike only Bear.

Hi Ya !

I couldn't help but notice Barrier Lake and Mt. Baldy in the background of your second pic. Is that off the Prairie View trail ?

Where the first and third taken ?

I'd like to do those someday but I'll have to stick to the Stoney trail and Lake Minnewanka until I get myself a decent set of lungs. :D
  • 10-19-2005
    mmmm...kona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna
    Hi Ya !

I couldn't help but notice Barrier Lake and Mt. Baldy in the background of your second pic. Is that off the Prairie View trail ?

Where the first and third taken ?

I'd like to do those someday but I'll have to stick to the Stoney trail and Lake Minnewanka until I get myself a decent set of lungs. :D

Ding ding ding ding - we've got a winner. You're absolutely correct. Prairieview in the second pic. First pic = Cox Hill (personally my favorite ride around, especially when combined with Jumpingpound). Pic#3 = Moose Mountain Fire Lookout (I dented my downtube in 3 places on that ride going down hard in the scree).

We did Minnewanka this summer and when we were leaving the parking lot, about 8 emergency vehicles pulled in as a result of the griz attack. We did Soul Brother the night before the griz attack there. Over 10 years in the mountains almost every weekend and still no encounter. I did carry 2 cans of bear spray this summer because of all the sightings and attacks.

I love where I live. The snow absolutely sucks though (biking>skiing).
  • 10-19-2005
    mmmm...kona
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_54321
    Thats some nice looking terrain you got there :)

I am really lucky and I never take it for granted. I sure like riding other places though - there's a ton of really good trails here, but it feels like I've ridden them all about 70 billion times now.
  • 10-20-2005
    drum714
  • 10-22-2005
    JMH
    3 Attachment(s)
    Mmmm... Adventure Single Speed
    Two from Gooseberry, and one from another location...

JMH
  • 10-25-2005
    Sombrio69
    heres one of me in a DH race in Illinois. haha

http://teamsally.com/galleries/pictures/pic1631.jpg

and here is one from a MTX race teh same day, i got 3rd
    http://teamsally.com/galleries/pictures/pic1687.jpg
  • 10-25-2005
    ebxtreme
    3 Attachment(s)
    My recent trip from Moab.
    Here's a pic from Porc Rim on ole reliable - the Stinky. The first two pics are at the drop down to the creek towards the end of the ride.

The old line is gone now and the option is to:
    A. walk
    B. take a right immediately after you come through the notch and ride the off camber rock which is fairly easy
    C. Go a few feet past that route and huck onto the rock slab and try to control the speed before you huck off the rock and land below.

I chose route C. Needless to say, the Stinky was more than up to the challenge.

The other pic is earlier in Porc Rim as well.

Cheers,
    EB
  • 10-27-2005
    phxartboy
    Crappy vid cap of some screwing around downtown Phoenix:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../32152362B.jpg
  • 10-27-2005
    mgersib
    5 Attachment(s)
    some good ones from cx races 10-22 and 10-23...
    bike is an '06 kona jake the snake.

cheers,
    mg
  • 10-27-2005
    Sombrio69
    dang, mgersib, what happened to ur leg. thats awseam
  • 10-27-2005
    bullitrdr
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mgersib
    bike is an '06 kona jake the snake.

cheers,
    mg

Me on my new stinky supreme.
  • 10-28-2005
    mgersib
    nice pic bulletrdr...
    ... as far as what happened to my leg, i just went down in the mud. the cuts weren't too bad, but there were quite a few of 'em. when combined with the steady rain that was falling, it made for a pretty impressive show. luckily it wasn't nearly as painful as it looked...
    :-}
    mg
  • 10-28-2005
    Ned
    Oooh, can I play?

Can't tell what it is but it's a Kona.
    http://www.nwlink.com/~jhiggins/trai...0017_small.JPG
  • 11-01-2005
    mgersib
    5 Attachment(s)
    some Stinky D pics from this past weekend...
    CX last weekend, XC and dirt jumping this weekend... ah, purdy good. venue was the platte river riot in louisville, ne.

enjoy!
    mg
  • 11-19-2005
    STinGa
    Daughter's birthday present
    Last month, I bought my daughter this Kona Hula for her birthday. It has been ridden almost daily, both around the neighborhood and at the local trail.

STinGa

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/51...5Kona_Hula.jpg