Kona Unit geared hanger.

Printable View

• 09-06-2012
    Nrs1Rider
    Kona Unit geared hanger.
    I have the 2012 Unit and I'm happy using it as a single speed for mtn bike riding. I do want to but 1x9 on it with some cross tires just for some fall riding. Has any one been able to get a hold of one these hangers? I've also seen that the Honzo uses sliding dropouts, will the Honzo dropouts work on a Unit? Any help will be much appreciated.
  • 09-07-2012
    eurospek
    Yes, You need the CC type hanger from the Kona online store.

Derailleur Hanger/dropouts - Kona USA Web Store
  • 09-07-2012
    Nrs1Rider
    Thanks. It's not available in Canada for some reason. I've been in contact with the guys at bikeman.com so I'll have one soon.
  • 12-06-2012
    sandyeggo
    Need Chain Guide to run gears?
    I was also thinking of trying the Unit out as a 1 x 9/10. Do I need a chain guide up front to keep the chain on, or will the bash guard be enough?
  • 12-07-2012
    campdog
    you will need a chain guide.I just put a 1x9 on my unit and like it very much
  • 12-08-2012
    sandyeggo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by campdog View Post
    you will need a chain guide.I just put a 1x9 on my unit and like it very much

Thanks campdog!
  • 07-10-2014
    jcitizen1
    My ride this year will be my 2011 Unit geared. It's treating me quite well. I'm actually surprised they don't offer it with a similar build, cause it feels like they're missing a regular old trail bike with gears and 29er wheels. They have the Explosif, but not everyone is into 27.5 wheels.

my ride: at The Don in Toronto, Ontario, Canada - photo by JesseE - Pinkbike