mamadirt

Kona Stab/Stinky rocker arm question

I've just rescued an 05 Stab (7" travel) listed as having a tiny hairline crack in one of the rocker arms. I've managed to find a second hand pair of rocker arms from an older 5/6" travel Stinky. If I can fit these to the Stab what would be the effect on geometry/travel. I guess BB height would be lower and I'd possibly need a lighter weight spring.

7" rocker arm

6" rocker arm

Can anyone help please?
    Last edited by mamadirt; 02-10-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Welcome to the Hotel California . . .

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    what do you got to lose??

I'd suggest you measure the stock build as follows:
    BB height
    HA
    WB

Install the new/replacement rockers, re-measure, report back your findings.

mamadirt
    I posted the same question over on the Konaworld forums and 'tech' replied advising against using a shorter rocker arm, which could result in the seat stay assembly hitting the seat tube at full compression - not something I'd considered. I guess there is always the possibility of running a shorter shock. I've since discovered too that the shorter rocker arms pictured above were spec'd on early 5" travel Coilers so unless I'm looking to seriously compromise the travel of the Stab I think maybe it's best avoided. Time to source the correct part I reckon (which. I'm told, are still available from Kona).

Watch . . . this . . . space

Too excited already - I loved my 7" 2004 Stinky Primo - it's gonna be good to be back
    Welcome to the Hotel California . . .