Eating Hot Pockets

Kona Score... what's it worth?

i have a mint 17" titanium Score frame with a no-longer produced 'Sour Apple Green' Chris King headset.
    It's like new and if i didn't know better, i'd say it's never been ridden....

so.... what's it worth? anyone?

here's a picture:

mtbr member

Sweet frame.

Hard to say. They are relatively rare (especially in that good of condition). With a 4" fork they make a sweet do-it-all trails/xc bike, but (in my opinion) they ride more like a stiff aluminum frame than ti. Not necessarily a bad thing, though. I have had a 5" fork on my score, but it tended to wash out the front end in tight corners. A Talas or Nixon on it would be sweet. Plus I can only fit a 2.0 max rear tire in it, which is okay for xc but not so great for jumping and stunts. Definately a fun frame. I don't think I'll ever sell mine.

mtbr member
    I saw a Score frame go for well over a 1000$ on ebay last summer. If you want current value, ebay will be the place. Put a reserve on the auction to be sure you get what you want. If you don't get your price - no harm done.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Kona Score

Quote Originally Posted by A. Nony Moose
    i have a mint 17" titanium Score frame with a no-longer produced 'Sour Apple Green' Chris King headset.
    It's like new and if i didn't know better, i'd say it's never been ridden....

so.... what's it worth? anyone?

here's a picture:

Hi
    ...I've just found a 17" Kona Score and about to buy, and wonder if you ever found out what your Score was worth?

Eating Hot Pockets
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuukheihei
    Hi
    ...I've just found a 17" Kona Score and about to buy, and wonder if you ever found out what your Score was worth?

As with anything, it's only worth as much as anyone is willing to pay. I'm not about to let go of mine, but i have a standing offer from my LBS wrench of $1000 if i ever sell. Personally i think finding the right buyer at the right time could net even more. They ARE getting harder to find in good condition, decal-wise, although the Ti frame seems to hold up well. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would have offered at least $ 1500 for your bike! ...let me know if you ever should consider selling your bike - I'm willing to pay the price!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sounds like its atleast worth $1000. Considering its considered an "Out of Bounds" bike you can probably name the price as long as you find an interested buyer. The Litespeed Kitsuma is the only other Freeride-esque Ti frame I've heard of and thats another $1k+ frame.

I would say take the long view though. Mt Biking is becoming very popular, with more public supports its likely to sky rocket. Keep your frame packaged and Wait till your 60... the value shouldnt go down and you might find some old rich bastard to really throw some cash your way. Although I dont know of any old out of shape arthritic millionaires looking to spend bucks on Mt Bikes. So you may want to look at the classic road bike world and see if there are any 60's or 70's road bikes that have appreciated like that.

Goodluck, Very sweet bike.

Eating Hot Pockets
    funny.
    I think i've had this thing for like 10 years now...

still haven't built it up .
    i think i'm afraid that if i build it and it's too small, then i'll have to sell it.. which i dont' want to do cuz it's so pretty to look at... although i did find some matching King Sour Apple hubs!
    .... i need help.