mtbr member
    May 2011

Kona Satori, Honza ?'s, is it the right bike for me.

Some people have brought it to my attention Kona makes a really good bike. I believe I am ready to go to the next level but do not know what kind of bike I need.

I have been riding what I have and I have been happy with it bit I want to start hitting obstacles and I believe this bike is limited and I do not want to hurt my self because I am on the wrong bike. I am 6 foot 4 and 285.

I could really use some help on this because I am an odd fit, I am starting to ride my bike everywhere I go to keep my weight down. I came from off road motorcycles and rode a CR500 for many a year. So to me the bike is slow and I ride my bicycle just like I rode my trusty CR 500.

This is what I do and this is what I ride, I am into comfort riding and mostly road riding but make my own path and run up and down steps and hit small jumps.

I ride 80 to 90 % of the time in top gear at speeds between 20 to 30 MPH and just blast obstacles in my path to get where I want to go.

Here is what I have built but I believe it is time to move on, bicycles are a rather new thing to me so some input would be great.

I ride a Rock Hopper 26 with 29 Sun MTX 33's and 40 CM tires with Hope Pro hubs. the bike works great but I think I am ready to graduate.

I want something with a Lockout Fork and Shock or a hardtail? and a seat that is adjustable while you are riding on the fly and I want the bike to be comfortable, I am starting to go 20 or 30 Miles a ride so comfort is crucial.

I have not found a 29 yet that fits me so I have been modding 26's and it has worked great but time to get a real bike.

thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    I have ride one year with HONZO and one year with SATORI.
    On October 2013, I ride with PROCESS 111.

> HONZO for the pleasure to play, for fun;
    > SATORI for the comfort and the efficiency in all the domains;
    Now, the PROCESS 111 for the speed and for the happy medium between the HONZO and the SATORI.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    So the Satori is a great bike and reliable? I am a big guy. Thanks for the help. I will look at the Bike you are talking about.

Crop Dusting Magistrate
    Sep 2005
    The Satori is a very burly frame and is built to take abuse. I love mine and ride everything from paved roads to dirt trails.

The FOX CTD settings don't lock out the suspension, but does firm it up quite a bit.
    It wasn't me

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thanks