Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Kona Process Bike Mag Bluprint

Interesting article and interview regarding the new Kona's. Makes me want the one I have on order even more...

Kona's 2014 Process: a Bike Magazine Blueprint Exclusive
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you値l crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for posting. Yeah, I want.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by So Cal RX View Post
    Thanks for posting. Yeah, I want.
    Me too. Got one on order. Should be here by the end of the month. Stoked.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you値l crash.
    - Julie Furtado

tardcore
    I should have a 134 in a few weeks...

mtbr member
    I'm extremely interested in this bike as well. Nearly sold on it other than I need a test ride. I love how simple, durable and well thought out it is. The tipping point for me will be how well it pedals. I'm coming from a GT I-Drive which pedals/sprints very well and I imagine the new reworked suspension (AOS) is just as good if not better but GT's price points are putting me off. Would love some preliminary reviews from the folks who ordered them...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Chop! View Post
    I'm extremely interested in this bike as well. Nearly sold on it other than I need a test ride. I love how simple, durable and well thought out it is. The tipping point for me will be how well it pedals. I'm coming from a GT I-Drive which pedals/sprints very well and I imagine the new reworked suspension (AOS) is just as good if not better but GT's price points are putting me off. Would love some preliminary reviews from the folks who ordered them...
    Some people on another thread are saying it won't pedal too well. But that is all based on the kinematics, and not any first hand experience. I know I am definitely looking forward to this bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by formu1fan View Post
    Some people on another thread are saying it won't pedal too well. But that is all based on the kinematics, and not any first hand experience. I know I am definitely looking forward to this bike
    I'm curious to see what they're saying. I'm coming from a Heckler...a lot of people trash talked the snot out of them, but it was the funnest bike I've owned so far. I hope the Kona will be as fun......
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    I'm curious to see what they're saying. I'm coming from a Heckler...a lot of people trash talked the snot out of them, but it was the funnest bike I've owned so far. I hope the Kona will be as fun......
    http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/bik...es-869823.html

mtbr member
    I took the chance just by the geo of the bike. I'll believe somebodies real-world experience over what somebody else found on the web. Having said that, I'll agree that it will not be the most efficient pedaling bike out there...but if I were going for efficiency, I wouldn't be buying a FS bike.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone heard anything about when these are supposed to be shipping? I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival!

tardcore
    I spoke to them yesterday, the frames are landing today. They need to build disassemble and ship, so two weeks til they're in stores.

tardcore
    I called because I'm torn between the 134 and 153 so I was telebiking... poor guy that helped me was super nice and patient. I'm staying 134 and can always over fork it later. I did want to get the ETA as well since I have a deposit.

mtbr member

"The essential point about the Process痴 suspension is that it has a consistent, progressive leverage curve. Kona felt that, rather than designing the suspension and bike around having complex curves and varying axle paths, they wanted to keep it simple and allow the shock unit to do the work. Air shocks are progressive by nature, so by coupling an air shock with a straightforward leverage curve, it痴 possible to allow the unit to do the damping and leave the rider with a very predictable ride quality"

By letting the shock do all the work ,my concern is a heavy rider will suffer due to the fact that current designs of shocks don't allow for someone say 250 pounds.
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    By letting the shock do all the work ,my concern is a heavy rider will suffer due to the fact that current designs of shocks don't allow for someone say 250 pounds.
    Hmm, I guess I'll have to do some test riding to determine if this is the bike for me now that you mention it. With all riding gear, I am just over that threshold.

mtbr member

Hmm, I guess I'll have to do some test riding to determine if this is the bike for me now that you mention it. With all riding gear, I am just over that threshold.
    To be honest I don't at the moment own a full suspension bike. But I've been doing A LOT of research. Being a heavy guy I want to make sure that the frame and design will allow me to actually benefit from using the bike. So far bikes with anti squat and the switch suspension of the Yeti seem promising. I would definitely test out the bikes you like before buying anything
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

tardcore
    I weigh 175 so I'm probably ok. I've been demo'ing some 27.5 full suspension bikes and haven't found nirvana yet. I'm going on blind faith the bike appears to be what I'm looking for. I won't be able to speak to how it responds to heavier riders but I will post up some impressions once I get it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    To be honest I don't at the moment own a full suspension bike. But I've been doing A LOT of research. Being a heavy guy I want to make sure that the frame and design will allow me to actually benefit from using the bike. So far bikes with anti squat and the switch suspension of the Yeti seem promising. I would definitely test out the bikes you like before buying anything
    I have one now, and the only problem I have (other than geo and too little travel) is small bump compliance. I have a buddy who just got a knolly with the CCBDair and he loves it (he's the same weight as I). My next bike will either be a process ('13 or '14) or a knolly warden. I think the main factor will be the air shock, and the CCDBair seems to work best, though it is quite spendy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    Anyone heard anything about when these are supposed to be shipping? I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival!
    Mine is supposed to be here in the next week or two...
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    My local Kona Dealer has a 111 and 134 in stock for demos and testing, so I assume the shipment should be coming soon.

tardcore
    My local Kona Dealer has a 111 and 134 in stock for demos and testing, so I assume the shipment should be coming soon.
    Any chance of you checking them out and letting us know?

tardcore
    If they're god awful I can still cancel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama View Post
    Any chance of you checking them out and letting us know?
    Well I guess I can take one for the team

I've been there before and kicked the tires so to say. They look really sick, and hopefully ride just as good. I'll see when I can get a little more in depth. I've been more interested in the 2013 Processes since they're on clearance now....

tardcore
    The 2013 is a good bike, I've just drank the koolaid and need the 275 )

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Anybody seen any weights? Particularly interested in the the weight of the 134.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast