• 12-20-2012
    Buggyr333
    Kona Process, Anyone have it yet?
    Looking at getting a Kona Process (the base model, not the DL)
    Was wondering if anyone had it yet, and if you have it, how do you like it?
    How's the sizing? I usually ride a large, use to about a 24" top tube, So looking at the geo chart, i should be on a medium, (I'm 6" with a 34" inseam")
    Also Wanted to know the shock eye - eye length (probably would want to get a coil shock. I'm a coil sort of guy)
    And ive seen pictures with or without the seat tube brace. Wondering what sizes have em and which don't.
  • 01-03-2013
    tmhar28
    process
    Will try to post some pics and let you know about ride..picking mine up tomorrow..i got the large and i'm 6'0 355...also removed the monarch and went coil.
  • 01-04-2013
    tmhar28
    1 Attachment(s)
    here it is
    just picked it up ..have not ridden it yet ..to dark and icy here in mass.

supposed to warm up next week will let you know how it rides..by the way iam 6'0 30 inch inseam and a large fits me great.i also am really long from the waist up.
  • 01-05-2013
    Rubicon73
    That bike is sick! If I go full squish for my next bike it will likely be a Process! Let us know how it rides.
  • 01-19-2013
    Mowerman
    Glad to see they brought the CoilAir back into production.
  • 02-08-2013
    Vuco
    What about sizing ? I'm 182cm, nothing out of the ordinary on arm and legs length. Tried L (19") and felt somehow stretched with the 60mm stem. My present bike has all the geometry data (reach, Horizontal TT) like the M (18") but the guys at the LBS say that I should get the large frame (when they saw me sitting on the bike; couldn't drive it though, only sit).
    They aren't trying to sell me the wrong frame, since they told me that they can assembly an medium frame in a week and that I return to the shop then.

What are the other owners thoughts ?

I'll probably buy a Process DL frameset (under 1200 with Monarch RC Plus) since I don't like the orange colour version of the whole bike (and the full DL version is under 4000 which I don't have :)).
  • 02-14-2013
    Briareos
    I am also stumped on which size to get. I currently ride with a 24.25 effective top tube on my Roscoe (with setback seatpost) which is further lengthened with 90mm stem. The Process bikes all come with a 50mm stem, so some additional top tube compensates for that. To add to my confusion, the Kona specs seem to differ from the specs posted in some of the reviews...

For what it is worth, I am 5' 11.5" and the guys at Kona recommeded a large...

No shop in my area has a demo, so if I go for this bike, I have to purchase sight unseen. I really only need a good XC/AM bike, but I like the process because it seems burly enough to handle my 235 lbs of graceless enthusiasm. The bike shop is trying to put me on a Remedy, but that bike just seems too light to trust...

Any commentary would be very welcome!

Thanks
    Shawn
  • 02-15-2013
    kevin267
    I would like to try this bike but am always worried about the first year of a new model, would rather wait for the next year for kona to get any problems sorted out
  • 02-16-2013
    Vuco
    Shouldn't be any problems since there isn't anything new except the geometry which I like a lot. And you have a lifetime warranty on the frame if anything happens.

Finally the Process got some reviews. VitalMTB and Mountainbike Action got them on a test. While Vital has mixed feelings (i.e. first they say that it is great to have good rubber on the bike, and in the second paragraph they say it's bad for rolling resistance), MBA didn't say anything bad about the bike...

@Briareos
    I'm now running an 610mm horizontal Toptube and 60mm stem and I feel great on the bike (Author A-rh+). You should probably take the large then, and I'm pretty much on the medium (with the same stem length). Or to take a large with 35-40mm stem ?
  • 02-27-2013
    bikephilski
    Get the Large. Kona is moving to a differnt sizing that is less based on seat tube, more based on TT. This bike is designed with a longer TT shorter stem. It will fit effectly the same as a "standard" geo bike with a shorter TT and longer Stem. The long TT really opens the body up, gets your weight in a nuetral spot, and you can really shred it on the way down. I have been very happy with my Process, its very playful on the trail. Pedals well, jumps well, geo makes it so you can really push it hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briareos View Post
    I am also stumped on which size to get. I currently ride with a 24.25 effective top tube on my Roscoe (with setback seatpost) which is further lengthened with 90mm stem. The Process bikes all come with a 50mm stem, so some additional top tube compensates for that. To add to my confusion, the Kona specs seem to differ from the specs posted in some of the reviews...

For what it is worth, I am 5' 11.5" and the guys at Kona recommeded a large...

No shop in my area has a demo, so if I go for this bike, I have to purchase sight unseen. I really only need a good XC/AM bike, but I like the process because it seems burly enough to handle my 235 lbs of graceless enthusiasm. The bike shop is trying to put me on a Remedy, but that bike just seems too light to trust...

Any commentary would be very welcome!

Thanks
    Shawn

• 03-03-2013
    Briareos
    Thanks! I am still very much on the fence between Process and Trek Remedy... LBS will let me swap in 2x XT front cranks, and will also let me upgrade front fork to Fox 34 160/120mm Talas, so that makes things between the two bikes a lot more similar...
  • 03-12-2013
    kim83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tmhar28 View Post
    just picked it up ..have not ridden it yet ..to dark and icy here in mass.

supposed to warm up next week will let you know how it rides..by the way iam 6'0 30 inch inseam and a large fits me great.i also am really long from the waist up.

Hi! which type of shock are you running in the back? Is it much heavier than the monarch? I am wondering about swapping the fork out with one with high speed compression adjustment, as i am bottoming out all the time dropping 3ft or above. I am running the firm spring in the fork, and i wheigh 210lbs all kitted up. Rode the bike yet?
  • 05-09-2013
    bowtieterror
    Don't usually care what color a bike is... but in person, the flat orange looks bad ass...
    just sayin.
    Now gotta go out and see how good the flat orange looks with dirt all over it!
  • 07-28-2013
    kenko
    What's the rear shock eye to eye length?
  • 07-29-2013
    dogbox
    sock i2i: 216 (8.5")

stroke: 63 (2.5")