mtbr member
    Aug 2013

kona process 134 sizing

Hey guys wondering if you can help me (or others as well) for sizing without even being on the 134 bc it's sold out everywhere near by and would have to pre-order it.

I'm 5'10 with 30 inseam, was thinking I would be a med but I don't know for sure. Long legs and arms.

Kind of in between a med and large so maybe it won't matter as much?

Any help would be appreciated.

Go Bruins!
    It's probably going to be something like this if your in between sizes. Say the medium is a bit small, then you have a bike that feels lighter and easier to flick around underneath you. Manuals and such should be easier as well by just shifting your weight back and pulling up. If the large is a little bigger, your gonna feel like your riding a little inside the bike. It will probably have a longer wheelbase as well that will make it a little tougher to push around turns and manual again. Why not look around for a precept of both sizes since they are similar in geometry to try to get a feel for the sizing. I don't know where you are in NH, but I see precepts around shops in Portsmouth.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm 5'11" around 158lbs and more leg than torso, typically wear a 34" inseam. I sat on a Med & Large Precept and ended up ordering a Med 134. I currently ride an 18" Tanuki DL which I think would be med/Large (don't really know with all the geometry differences) and always thought it felt a little big for me. I guess I won't really know if I got too small a bike until it is here. The good thing is if it doesn't fit I shouldn't have much problem selling it with the apparent supply shortage.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    5' 7", 29.5 inseam and regular arm length - medium for me. I demoed the 153 in Moab thinking it would be too big - but it fit perfect with the longish FC and short stem...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks guys. Ill probably size up the precept and go from there. Thank you everyone

mtbr member
    for the record, the Precepts all have 20mm less reach and 20mm longer stems.

the seat tube lengths are also different from the Process as well as the stack.

So it would probably be better than a Specialized or Giant to go from, but not exactly the same as a Process.